LB7: Voltage issue - possibly?

DirtyMax9812

Jan 7, 2015
Mid-Michigan
Hello,

I have an 02 LB& with 215k miles, just barely getting broke in, I know... :thumb:

Here's my issue:

It's been a few weeks now, and the problem still persists, so I figured I'd ask.

2 weeks ago, I installed 2 Brand New batteries as both mine were dead.
since then, My radio resets to 1:00 EVERY time the truck is started.

I can be running it and the clock is fine, and then I can shut it off, and listen to the radio until it times out, or I open my door. The problem is when I restart the truck. Most of the time, the clock will be correct while the "Wait to start" light is on, then as soon as I start it, it'll reset to 1:00.

lately, it's been resetting, so i set it to be correct, then not even 5 seconds after that it will reset again.

All the favorites stay, and everything else stays, but the clock constantly resets. its annoying A.F.

I've checked all the radio fuses, and grounds on the batteries, eveything is good. Except that dang clock.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks! :)

DirtyMax9812

Jan 7, 2015
Mid-Michigan
Thanks for the thought, but that was the first think I checked. Both are Tight Tight...

Other people tole me it's a bad radio... if that was the case, wouldn't it not work at all? or the clock not work at all? or something more to the problem,?

TheEdge

Feb 16, 2015
B'ham, Alabama
Might want to check your connections as well as the alternator wiring harness. My entire electrical system went nuts when mine was loose. Even went into limp mode with no reverse.

DirtyMax9812

Jan 7, 2015
Mid-Michigan
Problem solved...

It was a bad radio. I put a new Pioneer head unit in, along with new speakers all the way around, and it's worked like a charm since!

Thanks for all the input :)