LMM: valve covers

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
so bit of a random one.

looking at getting either the wagler or socal billet valve covers. so i have noticed they dont have a pcv valve like standard.

have searched everywhere to find info if its needed or not. what i want to know is if i was to buy the billet valve covers and just run hoses to catch cans for the pcv will it cause issues ?

the engine will be a daily driver roughly 500-700hp. i want to run the billet covers as i believe they look nice. but just not sure if not having the pcv valve will cause and issue or not.

any info would be much appreciated

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I have Socal ones on mine, they came drilled and tapped. I could never get them to stop drooling oil from around the fittings. I had some bungs welded to the covers and run -12an fittings off that to vibrant fittings in the exhaust. No more leaks.

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
i understand that, the billet valve covers are just a threaded hole for a, an fitting. so it can breath. its just they don't have the valves in them like the stock one. so my question is are the valves actually needed or will i be fine with hoses to catch cans with out the vlave in there.

moparkxracer. how did you go with the pcv in the exhaust ? would rather do that then back in to my intake

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I have Socal ones on mine, they came drilled and tapped. I could never get them to stop drooling oil from around the fittings. I had some bungs welded to the covers and run -12an fittings off that to vibrant fittings in the exhaust. No more leaks.

Now that’s what I call doing it right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Do not do catch cams... I tried that and the filters where always where full of crap. Surprised if didn’t push a front or rear seal out due to the pressure. Vibrant sells a pcv evac fitting that gets welded into the exhaust. They help pull pressure from the crank case as well. There are no moving parts to fail

i understand that, the billet valve covers are just a threaded hole for a, an fitting. so it can breath. its just they don't have the valves in them like the stock one. so my question is are the valves actually needed or will i be fine with hoses to catch cans with out the vlave in there.

moparkxracer. how did you go with the pcv in the exhaust ? would rather do that then back in to my intake

new york lly

I really do care!!
Feb 8, 2014
Buffalo NY
Do not do catch cams... I tried that and the filters where always where full of crap. Surprised if didn’t push a front or rear seal out due to the pressure. Vibrant sells a pcv evac fitting that gets welded into the exhaust. They help pull pressure from the crank case as well. There are no moving parts to fail

^^^^^ this catch cans don’t work..... Larry @ Danville performance welded vibrant fitting to a piece of downpipe and mailed to me all I had to do was drill a hole in my existing downpipe and welded up work like a charm..... I got the idea from Kyle Harbin from a thread that he had no more oily mess under the hood or on the driveway. I :thumb:

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017

cheers for that, will look in to it. so regarding the billet valve covers that only have a hole for a fitting. and no valve like to stock ones. will be fine for a daily and mild 500-700hp engine. sorry if it seems dumb just dont want to hurt the engine or cause problems.
only reason i want the billets is because i like the look

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
They help pull pressure from the crank case as well. There are no moving parts to fail

I was thinking you made a mistake when you originally posted that, but after thinking about it I guess that makes sense. Don’t know if you have any pictures of how the hoses and everything is routed and atached but I’d love to see it.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
What eng do you have ? Since you are looking at valve covers for the eng the build must be done ! Its cool to hear about peoples builds ! Going for 700hp is a good jump from stock , fill us in ! And good luck with the new eng !

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Pm me your phone number, I can text them. I have a lot of pics of my setup. This site makes me crop and resize before posting.
I was thinking you made a mistake when you originally posted that, but after thinking about it I guess that makes sense. Don’t know if you have any pictures of how the hoses and everything is routed and atached but I’d love to see it.

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
What eng do you have ? Since you are looking at valve covers for the eng the build must be done ! Its cool to hear about peoples builds ! Going for 700hp is a good jump from stock , fill us in ! And good luck with the new eng !

haha cheers for that. so to blow you away abit its a second hand lmm i got set from Canada to down under Australia for an engine conversion in to a Nissan gu patrol weight is about 3ton so will be a weapon haha.

so its a very slow build nothing has started yet as im going to buy all my parts at once from evan to help with shipping all the way down here., his trans kit,converter,studs,exhast manifolds and uppipes, y bridge and lift pump.
not doing the full 700hp build yet as i need to get this running asap so once i get all thos parts with be on a dsp5 with a wild tune for max power stock turbo. then do a full engine build once i have some more saved up and the down time for the car. as i have to buy all the parts from your end of the world as all the after market parts you guys get we don't get.

this little project of mine is also going to be some r and d for building a duramax diesel drag car. as we have next to none diesel drag cars in Australia

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
Evan is a great guy that will get you fixed up right ! And with his trans kit and converter you will be ready for the 700 hp when you get to it . Have fun !