turbo and exhaust noise

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
it never ceases to amaze me what people will spend just so their truck will look/sound "cool"

buy a stock LMM turbo and the fleece controller and there you go

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
it never ceases to amaze me what people will spend just so their truck will look/sound "cool"

buy a stock LMM turbo and the fleece controller and there you go

I know it, I'd rather be fast than cool, but thats just me????

I agree with what your saying guys , but our opinions arent near as important as the guy spending his money and fixing up his truck the way he wants too. And as stated the only way is to put a variable vain turbo on it like a stock LLM/LBZ turbo or a cheatah , but be prepaired to spend a pretty penny to run a VVT on a LB7 , last i heard the controller box is almost 1g plus the cost of a turbo .

403turbo

<--It's whats for dinner!
Aug 3, 2009
DPRNY
Actually with the right mix of parts you can make the IHI sing pretty good. Not 2003 6.0 or cheetah good but it can be very noticeable under load.

Some work on the horn, ported heads, older afe metal intake and Voila! I agree that I want my truck to be faster than it sounds. I didn't set out to make it whistle just move as much air as possible but the whistle was extra. It's actually kind of annoying at times, but to each his own.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
My IHI whistles pretty good with a metal intake tube and ported inlet, not a 6.0 PSD by any means, but then again I wouldn't want anything like a PSD!! LOL

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
At your girlfriends house
I HATE the sound of the vvt. Its annoying as hell to me. If I really had to choose to go a route where only noise matters then Id go for whistle under load. You dont want a poser truck where it sounds mean as hell and goes nowhere. Someday someone WILL call you out on it and you'll be forced to race. And Opps I hope no girls are around cause there goes your desert ... :D

dirty-b

KCCO!
Jun 5, 2010
Central MN
I agree with what your saying guys , but our opinions arent near as important as the guy spending his money and fixing up his truck the way he wants too..

I agree with Trent. Why can't people keep their opinions to themselves? He asked for facts not opinions.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Man people like to argue with you on your youtube page. Damn internet warriors.

That's nothing. Check out some of my vids (duramax drifting and 4wd burnout).:rofl:

I agree with Trent. To his his own. If he wants whistle, go with the metal intake and massage the horn and see where you get. Both fairly inexpensive.

I make my LLY idle like an LB7. Is that legal?:D