Tubing a 265/75R16

Swanny454

Dec 3, 2013
Cambridge IL
I bought new tires for my Duramax and bought a used set of Moto Wheels to put on it. After mounting the tires I found a needle size hole in the middle of my used wheels. It is not a crack but a invisible mini hole. I was wondering if I can just put a tube in it? Anyone done this. My local tire shop won't do it since it's a radial tire. I hate to spend $212 for a new rim when there really is nothing wrong with this one besides this stupid little leak

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
You can get the wheel fixed. Google aluminum wheel straighteners and I would imagine they could set you in the right direction

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
We DO NOT install tubes in alluminum wheels, much less aftermarket ones.. The valve stem hole is the problem I think.. Get the wheel fixed by a good aluminum welder.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
If it is a small "pin" hole and you don't have access to a welder... Get a good quality aluminum epoxy and push it into the pin hole. I would drill it out a little larger so the epoxy was acting like a plug with the air pushing on it.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Tuning a non-tube tire will add a lot of heat and can cause failure. Fix it. There's a company in Bath,PA that's popular, or other places I'm sure.

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I'm with Burn Down , scuff it up with rough grit paper and put a bit of JB weld on it . Let it set up good and you should be good to go