Truck dies at the end of the track

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Heres the deal. My Alllocker will not allow my truck to unlock the tc. So it makes it hard on my charger and sometimes kills the truck at the end.

Does anyone know how to rig up an unlock switch? Is it as simple as grounding, or opening one wire?

Otherwise I'm gonna try pulling 4th, it already drags my rpms down and kills the truck. Why not try for alittle more wheel speed?!

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I know when you unplug a CoPilot, the converter never locks, so there is certainly a simple wire fix.

The best solution would be Allison programming, but when I tried years ago, I couldn't make it happen.

The fantasy setup would be to:

If road speed goes below a programmed speed, it would downshift, and continue downshifting all the way down to 1st where there is no converter lock.

Obviously the factory programming doesn't do that. But if it worked that way, you'd get a few extra feet every pull.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I know when you unplug a CoPilot, the converter never locks, so there is certainly a simple wire fix.

The best solution would be Allison programming, but when I tried years ago, I couldn't make it happen.

The fantasy setup would be to:

If road speed goes below a programmed speed, it would downshift, and continue downshifting all the way down to 1st where there is no converter lock.

Obviously the factory programming doesn't do that. But if it worked that way, you'd get a few extra feet every pull.

6 speeds can lock in first gear, I have seen it in my own logs.

I thought that box is suppose to unlock the converter?

Apperantly not.. All that happens when I flip the "force unlock switch" is it goes back to factory lockup settings. And Doesn't (never once) unlocked the TCC.

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
Heres the deal. My Alllocker will not allow my truck to unlock the tc. So it makes it hard on my charger and sometimes kills the truck at the end.

Does anyone know how to rig up an unlock switch? Is it as simple as grounding, or opening one wire?

Otherwise I'm gonna try pulling 4th, it already drags my rpms down and kills the truck. Why not try for alittle more wheel speed?!

Don't bother with 4th gear...why not just bump it into neutral?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
6 speeds can lock in first gear, I have seen it in my own logs.

Apperantly not.. All that happens when I flip the "force unlock switch" is it goes back to factory lockup settings. And Doesn't (never once) unlocked the TCC.

Interesting. I didn't know first could lock. In any case, there is no need for it with our trucks, so programming first for no lock would be good.

Whatever wires the CoPilot uses, one of them will unlock the converter. The trans will still shift with it removed.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Interesting. I didn't know first could lock. In any case, there is no need for it with our trucks, so programming first for no lock would be good.

Whatever wires the CoPilot uses, one of them will unlock the converter. The trans will still shift with it removed.

Shift into reverse?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Don't bother with 4th gear...why not just bump it into neutral?

Because if I just unlock it I can still get another 5 feet maybe. Plus from my ricer days I found out I would get a horrible bang if I cruised,went to neutral, then revived it up.. don't know what would happen if I just hit n at 3000 rpm... I don't want to find put either

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
If I'm driving down the road and put it in neutral and rev it up it will bang sometimes(not that I've done it alot). But I throw mine in neutral after the flagman stops me and rev it a couple times. Not that I need to do it cause I doubt I will snuff out my stock turbo but when I go to a bigger charger I wanna b comfortable with hitting neutral to keep it running. I also try to turn my t/h off about 10 feet from stopping. I guess the theory is that it unlocks the TC and get a couple more r's. Honestly it's hard for me to tell a difference.

UPnGONe

Jul 23, 2008
The shore
i used to go to n all the time at the end bc the truck would shut off, it worked fine never heard any bang, id like to get something to unlock mine also, i saw it done on a cr the other nite at a sled pull and it worked great got him atleast another 10 feet

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
First will lock on a 6 speed and I tried my new un paid for BTdieselworks controller last night and I must say it is one of the best mods I have done so far. I will get the video uploaded and post in a new thread. I locked right out of the hole and didnt unlock 4th gear until I started slowing and the truck took off and got me out the gate with a first place pull at 409.2 feet

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Have you talked to Brayden? His box is supposed to be able to force-unlock the converter.

I've tried and haven't really gotten very good service from up there. Rarely get a call back when I call. I need to just drive up there one day instead of playing phone tag. I want the software too so I can program the allylockers settings

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
all you have to do is put a switch inline with the co-pilot wire I can take a pic so you can see which one...it unlocks everytime and relocks when flipped back

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I've tried and haven't really gotten very good service from up there. Rarely get a call back when I call. I need to just drive up there one day instead of playing phone tag. I want the software too so I can program the allylockers settings

Not that you asked or even care but, I had very similar results from them. :(

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
all you have to do is put a switch inline with the co-pilot wire I can take a pic so you can see which one...it unlocks everytime and relocks when flipped back

That'd be awesome Seth, and you don't lose reverse after you flip the switch? And that's what I've heard Nick, kinda sucks doesn't it

jheyob

Jan 30, 2009
Okeana OH/West Lafayette IN
I forget which pins but im pretty sure its a brown wire off the top tcm connector. It will eventually throw a code when forced to unlock but I've never lost reverse the 3 times I've pulled 4th and unlocked.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1312130394956.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312130394956.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 31

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
my truck also dies 9 times out of 10 at the end of the track, Locked out in 3rd stock turbo. would it be worth it for me to get an unlock switch if i'd like to keep the stock turbo? or just try to perfect the shift to neutral? lol