Tread Wright 285 MT's???

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
So i was looking at tires and came across these. I know nothing about them, but i've seen a few reviews that were good, but none of them were 3/4 ton or bigger trucks. They have a fairly aggressive 285 mud terrain for only $106. Just wondering if anyone's used these or knows anything about them. I'm curious because the site says pickups and SUVs, so thanks in advance. -Garrett

And here's a link by the way- http://www.treadwright.com/shopnow/p...-dog-mt-d.aspx

Dalyfarms

Jan 12, 2010
Centrailia Mo
I could not find the link, but I run what is considered cheap tires on my truck, I bought a set of 6 Yokohomas, 235/85-16, 10 ply,with a 3 ply side wall. semi agressive tread for 675.00 mounted and balanced. I do have a tire shop about 80 miles away where I can visually inspect the tires before I buy them. I just check the plys out, and it helps that the guy I buy from know how I am using my truck. The last time I bought a set of tires locally, (6) it cost me 1200.00 I get about the same service out of the cheaper tires.

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
Do NOT tow heavy with them on hot days :rolleyes:. I loved mine off road but on the road mine were squirrly and I blew 5 out of the 8 I've had on my 3500. I ahve them on one ranch truck and numerous of the neighbors ranch trucks. The BFG pattern seems to hole up well but never had a set under heavy loads yet. Once I get a 5500 I may get some more for my 3500 for road use and see how they do for a DD'er.