transmisson seal

2DMaxx

May 27, 2011
long island
Well noticed the other day that I had some fluid leaking out under my truck from where the driveshaft goes into the tranfer case or transmission seal . So I got a new one and put it back and the driveshaft doesn't go back in . I took the new seal out and the shaft goes in no problem .I got another seal and don' t want to waste it ..Any help would be great.

Wyley87

Jul 21, 2012
Texas
Not trying to sound like a smart ass but a you sure you got the right seal?

Did you get OEM or aftermarket?

Sent from my iPhone 4s

jc1843

Sep 27, 2009
So Calf
Check real careful around the transfer case-- you may have the famous "Pump Rub" where the pump wears a hole in the housing.

2DMaxx

May 27, 2011
long island
Part 4741 aftermarket , there were two seals avaliable I got both and one is to small and other matches up .It's been rainning here s when it stops and I get a minute I'll check it again

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Part 4741 aftermarket , there were two seals avaliable I got both and one is to small and other matches up .It's been rainning here s when it stops and I get a minute I'll check it again

So you still don't know if you got the right seal. Create a signature so we know what you have and what year.

2DMaxx

May 27, 2011
long island
It's a 2003 2500hd lbz ecsb allison trans .I just put a s and b cai before this happened. Well it all started when I took the truck over to pennsylvania around 150 to 200 miles from home when 2nd day I notice this sound coming from under the truck like a clatter only whie moving not idling .It drove fine and when I went to that the truck to my brother's house that's when I noticed the leak but it wasn't leaking while we were in P .A. Told parts guy what it was and what truck engine and trans and those were the seals .Sorry for the long post It was sopose to be a easy fix ...but now this anybody got the right part number or should I just get it from the the dealer .....Trying to save some money doing it myself ...

Wyley87

Jul 21, 2012
Texas
Try gmpartsdirect.com

At the top of the page click catalog. Put in your info the click on transfer case. Should be the one listed at the top.

Sorry I don't have the part number but they call it a transfer case output shaft seal. List is $75 their price is $45.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

2DMaxx

May 27, 2011
long island
well I got the seal in and it fits .. Now my question is the tranny started to slip when I coming home when it was leaking and now theres no reverse , had to stop working on it last nite but I checked the tranny fluid wasn't registering on the dipstick I'm pretty sure that's the reason cause it was fine on my trip just think alot on fluid poured out..

Wyley87

Jul 21, 2012
Texas
If that's all that's wrong you got lucky. Just be sure to use a fluid compatible with the ally

Sent from my iPhone 4s

2DMaxx

May 27, 2011
long island
well i fillled it with fluid and took it for a ride and it's still leaking what could be wrong should I have put sealent around the seal wtf !!!!!!!!!!!idk anymore....

Wyley87

Jul 21, 2012
Texas
Hard to say now. Did you lube the inner part of the seal before installing the shaft?

A picture might help us figure out exactly were it's leaking from?

Sent from my iPhone 4s

2DMaxx

May 27, 2011
long island
Well been real busy at work and my brother was soppose to replace the bering in thre transfercase and the seal ,but hasn't gotten to yet .I might bring it to a local tranny shop that worked on my ford .I keep u guys updated..

2DMaxx

May 27, 2011
long island
Well talk to the tranny shop and they said the bushing in the transfercase was wasted and and mess the wore rhe case and the yolk of the shaft so that's just to fix the leak , he also said there's 11 that's right eleven transmission code . I just can't win ....That's the update not a good one...

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
11 codes is either an act of God or you have the main harness disconnected. Better watch these guys.

2DMaxx

May 27, 2011
long island
Well I didn't disconnect it .I'm reading the last post I wrote and the bushing was wasted and wore a hole in the case .I will find out more tomorrow he has put the transfer case back together and take it for a ride just hope he doesn't take me for a ride .Not good news when your getting ready to go away riding this weekend don' kwow how much it will cost....