Trans upgrade in future.

Mcadieux01

Jan 2, 2015
Palmer, MA
Hi I am new to this forum and was looking for advise for a tranny upgrade or a transgo jr shift kit. I have a 2004.5 LLY dually that I've owned for around 3 years now with 180000 on it with 4 inch mbrp with front pipe, air intake, afe turbo inlet pipe, bull dog power pup with the performance tune (85 hp tune) egr blocker plate . I have a feeling if I put anymore parts into it I am going to limp the trans. I'm not looking for a ton more hp till I get it paid off. I am averaging around 21 mpg unloaded and 16 mpg with my 6000 pound trailer. Does anybody have similar mods that has tranny upgrade, or are they still running a stock trans? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Mcadieux01

Jan 2, 2015
Palmer, MA
I know I want a fass pump, down pipe, maybe a new wheel for the turbo. I do want to go up one more tune but I know that will push it.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Depending on how hard you drive the truck your current tuning will eventually hurt the trans. They are much better/cleaner options available for tuning. A trans go jr won't do much for your 5 speed.

Mainecobra

Sep 19, 2014
Get it built by big dipper. He does the best work. Guy before me went through a couple " built trannys" before he had it built right by big dipper. Its held up for years on 900hp.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
Get it built by big dipper. He does the best work. Guy before me went through a couple " built trannys" before he had it built right by big dipper. Its held up for years on 900hp.

George is 15 minutes from me. I still towed a truck to Evan 6hrs away a few weeks ago. Must have been a hell of build for 900 to last years.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Not saying that a trans build is a bad idea, but I run mine on a big tune, with all the bolt ons I can do, and still have yet to limp trans. I did mods for MPG though, so light right foot. :rofl: