Trans fluid out of the tailshaft?

blitzin247

That didn't sound good...
Feb 9, 2013
Everywhere
Hey guys, and mike, pretty sure this is ok I just wanted to double check.
I have had my tcase out of the truck for three weeks searching down parts and finding more is messed up inside, as a result my truck sat without running for three weeks. So today I just wanted to start it up and get the motor warmed up. I assumed fluid would not come out since it didnt when I took out the tcase. Well I started it up and looked underneath after about ten seconds of running (truck was never taken out of park) and there was about quarter to half a quart on the ground of fresh ATF from the tranny.

Im pretty sure this is normal, I just wanted to double check. Truck will stay off until tcase is back up in place. Just need to get a main input shaft and mode syncros ordered up :spit:

blitzin247

That didn't sound good...
Feb 9, 2013
Everywhere
You are seeing lube come out the extension housing. Normal.

Thank you, Mike, I appreciate you answering a stupid question politely, unlike some other people would have. Sometimes its better just to ask a dumb question then break something :hug:

Eventually my trans is getting built, when the time comes you will be getting a call for either parts or a rebuild ;) :woott:

EDIT: JKHOLDER Im not sure if that blinker fluid was from you or a mod who bombed you, either way it was a funny meme