Toyo MT's

tutt00

Nov 7, 2010
Dallas, TX
I've run BFG's for years and have been extremely happy with tire wear and road noise. I have consistently gotten 40k+ miles on every set. How do the Toyo Open Country MT's compare? Most of the miles will be highway but I was looking for something a little more aggressive. Please chime in if you have any personal experience. I've been hearing a lot about the Nitto Trail Grappler's as well. All opinions are welcome.

Thanks.

fatboylmm

Dec 3, 2009
I love my Toyo mt I have 20 k on them and there at least half tread. When there new they are very quiet as well

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
If you want something aggressive with low road noise and get good mileage go with the Goodyear Duratrac. Best tire out there for traction and nearly no road noise. The toyos are nice but pretty loud for my taste

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Both my sets were pretty good riding tires, and got louder as they wore, although this current set is probably only going to get me a little over 30k, and the the first set went high 30's, kinda pricey for that kind of mileage, but I'll probably get another set here before winter sets in. :(

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
mine got super loud 270/75r18? mts and barley half tread life. rotated them every 6k.. had two go out of balance, so went back to bfgs ko and now my truck is a lot quieter! I have to say I loved the look of my MTs much better than my bfgs, but the bfgs have always been good to me... good luck in ur selection. I had 40k on mine(toyo mts) and you would have thought they were brand new. Truck weighs 7900-8k with me in it...

calabria69

Beerstud1
Oct 8, 2008
Santaquin, Utah
66,000 on my first set, 37,000 on the set I have on right now, just a little less than half the tread, rotating them is key....the best tire ive ever put on....

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
I've seen them go both ways, good and bad on diesels when I worked at Les Schwab for 3+ years. Couple sets went around 90K on some OBS powerstrokes (lower power, very little towing, little off road) but I've also seen them go like these guys are saying, 20-25K (bigger power, towing, off road, harder driving).

For some reason they seem to be effected more dramatically by driving conditions than other tires. I personally wouldn't run them because of the way I drive, tow, power, etc. but if you fall into the lower power, easier driving category, I would go for it.

calabria69

Beerstud1
Oct 8, 2008
Santaquin, Utah
I've seen them go both ways, good and bad on diesels when I worked at Les Schwab for 3+ years. Couple sets went around 90K on some OBS powerstrokes (lower power, very little towing, little off road) but I've also seen them go like these guys are saying, 20-25K (bigger power, towing, off road, harder driving).

For some reason they seem to be effected more dramatically by driving conditions than other tires. I personally wouldn't run them because of the way I drive, tow, power, etc. but if you fall into the lower power, easier driving category, I would go for it.[/QUOTE
So u are saying my truck is slow??:rofl:

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho

For some reason they seem to be effected more dramatically by driving conditions than other tires. I personally wouldn't run them because of the way I drive, tow, power, etc. but if you fall into the lower power, easier driving category, I would go for it.[/QUOTE
So u are saying my truck is slow??:rofl:

Not directly, just maybe just that you drive it like a sissy? :spit::hug