Toyo mt tire

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
ok couple questions i need some feedback on the toyo mt tires from someone who has ran them. Most of all how do they ride, are they smooth and is the noise level from the hum quiet or loud. do they ride as well as the goodyear mtr. and finally does anyone think they are to aggressive for sledpullin

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
no kidding? that sounds good . i love the goodyear mtr but it is not offered in a 20 i think it is the best tire in a mud design and the toyo is the closest thing i can find to it

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I like mine really well. quiet for what they are, good tread wear, and works fairly well for sled pullin'

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
IMO they suck on ice,wear quickly and are overpriced. That being said I did like them but at $225 each for 285"s they should have lasted more than
24K :mad:

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
I worked at a tire store that sold MT's for a few years. It seemed like most everyone liked them. They aren't very good on ice and only get worse the wider you go. Siping helps but if you're like me and fire your tires, siping is not a good idea. They always seem to get excellent mileage when rotated properly and ran at the correct PSI. I even seen an early powerstroke get almost 90,000 miles on a set, pretty amazing. I personally loved every set I had but opted to go for the Toyo A/T for my 20's.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Thats one thing... I didnt get good milage out of them, but torque is a tire killer :D I got between 12-18k out of the few sets on my Dmax, but I just loved how they looked. Ive got about 12k on the 40s and they look like new still, but its on a gas motor.

1slow01Z71

Wannabe EFILive Tuner
Ive got a little over 20K on mine and they have another 10-15 in them atleast. Rotation and proper inflation go a long ways. They are very quiet on the road, and work well in the mud. Ive only been on ice with them a couple times and they did pretty well but I had the pin weight of a 5er over the ass end so...

Ill be going with them again for sure.:D

Fat_Robi

I may be wrong, but...
Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV / Provo,UT
I have been happy with mine so far. They make a little noise but how they handle the snow was worth it for me. As far as what some people say about not lasting long, I would say your right foot is the main problem, I know that is what does it to me. My dad complained about his wearing unevenly but I think that was alignment or something because mine are wearing quite evenly. I think I am at about 15k miles and it is good so far.

mmangels22

Monty Python Rules.
Feb 12, 2009
San Jose, CA
I have been happy with mine so far. They make a little noise but how they handle the snow was worth it for me. As far as what some people say about not lasting long, I would say your right foot is the main problem, I know that is what does it to me. My dad complained about his wearing unevenly but I think that was alignment or something because mine are wearing quite evenly. I think I am at about 15k miles and it is good so far.

x2