Towed One Million Pounds

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
At work the other night I moved 4 fully loaded rail cars, my biggest load yet. They are loaded with grain meal and pellets. Each car weighs in at about 250 000 Lbs give or take. I pull them with a Shuttlewagon, it's powered by a Cat diesel, has an auto trans, weighs about 50 000 Lbs, and has a top speed of 10.4 mph, and a rev limiter of 2700 RPM. So far this is my favorite part of my new job. We also scale them before they ship out, and all of the cars have to be un-coupled to get accurate weights. That's where things get interesting, pull the coupler while the cars are still moving, jam the brakes and the car takes off out of your way, there's a reason I usually scale cars when nobody else is around, usually at night. And it's remote controlled too.

Attachments

• Shuttle Wagon.jpg
    Shuttle Wagon.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
At work the other night I moved 4 fully loaded rail cars, my biggest load yet. They are loaded with grain meal and pellets. Each car weighs in at about 250 000 Lbs give or take. I pull them with a Shuttlewagon, it's powered by a Cat diesel, has an auto trans, weighs about 50 000 Lbs, and has a top speed of 10.4 mph, and a rev limiter of 2700 RPM. So far this is my favorite part of my new job. We also scale them before they ship out, and all of the cars have to be un-coupled to get accurate weights. That's where things get interesting, pull the coupler while the cars are still moving, jam the brakes and the car takes off out of your way, there's a reason I usually scale cars when nobody else is around, usually at night. And it's remote controlled too.

weaksauce, get EFILive and exhaust...

:D

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Very cool, can we shave 20,000 lbs off of it, order one with a 20 speed tap shift and drag race it?:rofl:

that thing gots NUTZ.