Too much boost...need some help.

BigLar368

Feb 14, 2009
Southeast TX
2007 (LBZ) 52K miles with an EFI live 100 HP tune and 4" exhaust with no cat. I have been running this tune for 3 years with absolutely no problem. I have noticed lately that under moderate aceleration unloaded the truck will boost way more than it used to. Half throttle puts the boost up around 20 psi. If I am loaded it will max about 28 psi. In the past the only way to get the boost that high was to really put your foot in it. New fuel filter and air filter. MAF is alo been cleaned. No trouble codes at all. Also noticed EGT's are a little higher as well. Not sure where to look next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I assume you're getting this reading from the insight? Does the truck behave different? To make 20psi or more you have to be hettin on it, maybe the crappy insight is not working

BigLar368

Feb 14, 2009
Southeast TX
No codes...none. Never thought it could be the insight. It does feel a little down on power but I have been driving the truck with this tune for quite some time. Gauge shows 20 psi with just a little more than normal throttle. Gonna try some Power Service injector cleaner on a trip tomorrow. Gonna bring my car to Houston tomorrow.

BigLar368

Feb 14, 2009
Southeast TX
I bought my EFI live in 2009. I loaded the tune and have done nothing since. Any idea what the procedure is to do that? I do appreciate the help though. Thanks.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Sorry there have been so many changes over the years its hard to say. EFIs site could be of help. I use the hand held to log my truck but you have to set what PIDs (parameters) to log on the hand held with your computer. I just played with it until I figurd it out.