Too bad we can't run these tires in SS

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Ran these yesterday, track temp of 2 degrees (around 35-36 for my metric system handicapped friends south of the border:D). cut 1.61 60' with 4-5 pounds less boost than i normally do, because i wasn't sure what the track would hold.

Attachments

• My truck with full slicks.jpg
    My truck with full slicks.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Wished we could have put on the slicks yesterday in Boise, would have for the Prostreet finals but got rained out. The drag radials wouldn't hold, Rob looked at times like he was drifting more than drag racing. Cold slick track, no one could hook up except some of the guys with slicks who could get them hot.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Wished we could have put on the slicks yesterday in Boise, would have for the Prostreet finals but got rained out. The drag radials wouldn't hold, Rob looked at times like he was drifting more than drag racing. Cold slick track, no one could hook up except some of the guys with slicks who could get them hot.

Ken, I think the/a locker and some stiffer compression on the RF would have helped from the looks of the vid's! The front tires were shifting traction back and fourth!

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Ken, I think the/a locker and some stiffer compression on the RF would have helped from the looks of the vid's! The front tires were shifting traction back and fourth!

You talking about a locker in front? Not sure how we could get stiffer suspension on the right front, have QA1's set as stiff on rebound as we can get. Maybe coil overs??? We had a locker up front but decided not to try it for fear of having it drive us into the wall. It came out when we swapped out the front differential after I smoked it.