LMM: Tires rub inner fender

RedDmax

RedDmax
Feb 28, 2011
Oxford, Ohio
I have a 09 gmc. I put bmf novakanes on it 20x9 with nitto terra grappler 285/55/r20. My problem is that they rub my inner fender and my mudd flap. I was wondering if anyone has done the fender mod, or have any recommendations for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I did the fender mod with 285/50/20 proxes and it has an inch now instead of rubbing. I did the small mod too. Not sure what kind of mud flaps you have, but might have to get rid of them.

RedDmax

RedDmax
Feb 28, 2011
Oxford, Ohio
Well I did the large inner fender mod and it works great no rub at all and have about 3/4 of an inch space between the tire and fender. The best part was that I can still use my mud flaps. Thanks for all the help.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
How do you match fender flares to this mod? Does it change the style of fender flare you can buy? I am new, just curious for future install. Also, where did you all get your fender flares painted? I'd like something like bigbaddiesel's style. Any help in deciding on what type of leveling kit and wheel tire combo works best with the large fender mod would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

Last edited:

bigbaddiesel

May 24, 2010
Canukistan
your not doing anything on the outside of the fender, it doesnt effect any fender flare fit. mine are bushwackers.. not the fake bolt ones....i just scuffed mine up and a buddy sprayed them. I dont like leveling kits due to the cv angles being to steep. best rims are 9" width and a 4.5" back space for fitting big tires... i went with 10" and 4.5" bs, they still rubs if i hit a bump turning, but my cv's are almost level.. i got a 6" lift.
i dont know much bout the best leveling kit, vendors on here can help you out though

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
I have read that the NORCAL products if installed correctly help limit the effects of the leveling kit on the steering/front suspension. I was thinking about the LVL 6 or LVL 7 kit they sell. bigbaddiesel, did you have to modify or trim any additional off the stock fenders to get those on? If not, do you remember the model #? Thanks much

bigbaddiesel

May 24, 2010
Canukistan
I just did the large fender mod, thats it. the link in my above post... the flares are bushwacker 'extend-a-fender'. they require no modding to fit
dont know much bout leveling kits, ya a proper one will make things last longer, eliminate bump steer, fix the geometry ect... but the only way to fix the cv angles, is to drop the front diff