Tire eating torque

Riverjet

Nov 23, 2008
Being new to this Duramax thing I never imagined how fast the original rear rubber disappeared on my 2008 3500HD Crew SWR. A friend said oh look you have diesel tires. I laughed and said "say what?" He showed me how bad my rear tires were worn and I was shocked. Never heard this saying before and am not impressed.
I guess the trick is to drive like a little old lady with a raw egg under the fuel feed. I did this with my new studded snows this winter and the rears seemed to melt away way just as fast.:banghead:

Is there a tire out there that can handle the torque of these monsters?

Gotta love a Duramax:happy2:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
My BFG All-Terrain's do pretty well. That, and I rotate them every 5,000 miles. So far I have 30,000 on the set and they still have a lot of life left in them.

white-duramax

Jul 9, 2009
Toyo makes a tire for diesels I have not heard anything about them but I was thinking about giving them a try.:rolleyes: Maby there is some ppl on here that have tryed them out?:confused:

HogAssWild

Nov 12, 2009
i have the super swamper M16's.. its a good tire..

i beleive that i'm gonna go back with the toyo MTs.. there hard to beat

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
LOL no joke on tire wear. These trucks are heavy torque monsters that love to eat tirers.

I hope my Toyo MT's last like calabrias, they are doing great so far.

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
I think I've only got about 20,000 on mine an I need a new set.:mad: but I tow alot that will hurt the life of a tire. If I didn't tow I would buy another set no question, they are very quiet for a AT tire.

Last edited: