This kinda sucks....

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Welp, if thats true because its on the interwebs . We're fuct...

Last edited:

hrlyguy2

Dec 2, 2011
IL
Just seen this on abc news.
NUKE plant is pouring out on the ocean.And will be hitting us sooner or later.
They said theres already a low level of contamination in the fish but nothing to fear.
WTF.
:mad:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
yea i cant believe that, if it was true it would be plastered all over every single news channel on TV.

I'm willing to bet the radiation is there but nowhere near the levels that the article says.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
The scariest part is the fact that two years have not even past yet. And it's already way worse then I am cozy with lol

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
yea i cant believe that, if it was true it would be plastered all over every single news channel on TV.

I'm willing to bet the radiation is there but nowhere near the levels that the article says.

Would it be plastered on the news tho? Don't forget who really controls the media lol If this is in fact true I'm sure it would cause a lot of panic.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming

x2.

Seems kind of silly. "dont drink any milk, fish, or tapwater, because its FILLED WITH RADIATION"??? Gimmie a freaking break.

Im curious what Fingers has to say about this, because im sure he is 1000x more knowledgeable on this subject than the paranoid/conspiracy-theorist idiots who wrote that article are.

ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Would it be plastered on the news tho? Don't forget who really controls the media

Cheezus this is america, not communist-russia or china, dont be ridiculous. If it was actually a problem, we would hear about it all over the real news, not the "pakalert press", whatever the hell that is. :rolleyes:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I would love to here the real facts. By no means am I freaking out, I drink the shit out of tap water and eat a lot of meat and veggies from Cali lol I also wouldn't care if milk was radioactive, I'm drinking it.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Cheezus this is america, not communist-russia or china, dont be ridiculous. If it was actually a problem, we would hear about it all over the real news, not the "pakalert press", whatever the hell that is. :rolleyes:

Forgot the lol Ben.

Wait did you not know the Iron curtain is coming back? :roflmao:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Because washing my food with soap is going to actually wash out the radiation...

The guy who wrote that article sounds like he's had a few to many radioactive sushi rolls.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
That article is complete BS. They claim all sorts of sources, but don't actually cite them (or the links go to other conspiracy theorist sites, not any government/science sites).

For people wondering about radiation levels, this is a good chart to give a sense of scale: http://xkcd.com/radiation/

Not that I believe these numbers either, but they claim that a fish was caught RIGHT NEXT TO the plant that had radiation of 740k Bq/kg. For comparison, eating that fish is about the same as eating 5,000 bananas. So a lot, yes, but not exactly lethal. And that is right next to the plant. Another way of looking at that: it would give you about the same amount of radiation as getting 2 mammograms. Also, it is still less than the recommended yearly limit for radiation.

I can't to find exact measurements off the US coast right now, but it is a safe bet that they are still WELL within background limits.

Is the radiation a problem? Somewhat. But it is being managed and mitigated. That article is simply trying to freak people out to get page views (which means ad money).

In the future, a quick way to tell when an article is BS: if the first sentence is "You’re going to want to use every share button at the bottom of this article...", just stop reading.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
saw it on the news just now and they said that it is so minor that the billions and billions of gallons of sea water far outweigh the amount of "radiation" and its so extremely diluted that it will probably never even make out of their own coast let alone all the way to our coast.