Thinking of taking a trip to Texas

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
I know there are a few Texans on here...

I want to make a trip down there sometime to see the state, catch a concert by the Casey Donahew Band...and I hear about those Texas women. :cool:

I am just kicking the idea around now, so no date is set. I was curious what you guys recommend to see and what areas to check out?

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I'm in Htown as well. Lots of badazz Texas country concerts at the racetrack or if you really want a taste of Texas, roll out to college station and go to northgate on a Saturday. Good music, cold drinks, a beautiful girls!! Lol

sent via rooted DroiD

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
What do you want to do? Fish, Hunt or just sight seeing? Its a big ass state and there is alot to do and see, where is the concert going to be so we know what area you"ll be in.

It will probably be just sight seeing, I like to see new places and ways. The CDB plays the bar circuit in TX and there are dates about any night it seems.

Which part of Texas? Kind of a large State :D I am in the Houston area.

Well I was originally thinking of Fort Worth (Stockyards) that seems to be where the music scene is strong...but I am definitely open to suggestions as to what to see and where.

I'm in Htown as well. Lots of badazz Texas country concerts at the racetrack or if you really want a taste of Texas, roll out to college station and go to northgate on a Saturday. Good music, cold drinks, a beautiful girls!! Lol

sent via rooted DroiD

Yes...College Station sounds like what I'm looking for :angel:

I listen to mostly all Texas Country and see the concert videos and it looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks for the input guys.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
He can stop off in Kansas city mo to kill time. I think you end up taking I70 most the way to Tx anyways. Were about 9 or so more hrs to Tx from the apt. We drove from Kansas to Maryland last night 1,148 miles and 54 gallons of fuel total 21 hr drive me 18 hrs ans she covered 3 hrs lol.

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
We are going to Casey donahew Friday in fort worth. At Billy bobs. 100,000 sf bar with an indoor live bull riding

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
Northgate will have what you are looking for. Music, beer, women, food, etc.:thumb:

Thanks, its definitely on the list of places to see.

You gonna roll out by yourself? That's a long drive bro, but I bet you'll have a blast.

Nothing is finalized quite yet...I'm still planning. Every once in a while I just go places...last trip was to SoCal (I meandered around for a week). Most likely it will be just me...my TS "passenger" wants to go along but I don't know if thats such a great idea.

He can stop off in Kansas city mo to kill time. I think you end up taking I70 most the way to Tx anyways. Were about 9 or so more hrs to Tx from the apt. We drove from Kansas to Maryland last night 1,148 miles and 54 gallons of fuel total 21 hr drive me 18 hrs ans she covered 3 hrs lol.

Thanks for the invite Henry...I may have to do that.

We are going to Casey donahew Friday in fort worth. At Billy bobs. 100,000 sf bar with an indoor live bull riding

Sounds awesome man...let me know how it goes. I've heard of Billy Bob's (from the song "Stockyards") and a lot of band's seem to to do a "Live from" album.
The music scene around here is awful.

Last edited: