Things to do in San Diego?

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
My wife has a business conference in san Diego during the week of Halloween. I will be ther for a week and was wondering what are some sites I need to see and things to do. It would be great if there was a diesel event of some kind to go to.

Let me know yalls ideas.
Thanks

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
San Diego has all kinds of fun things to do. Depends on what your into....if you guys are drinkers there's the Gaslamp Quarter..nice bars and restaraunts...catch a Padres game if you like baseball...of course the beaches...if you like Halloween oriented things since you'll be here then there's the Hauted Hotel or Balboa Park has the Haunted Trail...also there is Balboa Park if you like the arts. Just some ideas

ICULKN

And Yes I drive it !!
Jan 6, 2010
SO CAL / New York
LEGO Land is Kool :joker: Or go check out GLAMIS Sand dunes, Come by a So Cal Diesel Truck Night, we don't mind if you have a rental car

Last edited:

ICULKN

And Yes I drive it !!
Jan 6, 2010
SO CAL / New York
About 2 hours east of San Diego, AKA: Imperial Dunes/Glamis They rent Quads and side by sides, Rent a 4x4 SUV from Hertz and cruise Glamis in the rental, just get full coverage LOL. But Halloween Weekend is the First Big Party weekend for the season, it will be packed. Truck nights are on Fridays in San Diego, Orange County, & San Fernando Valley ( North LA ). Go to SoCalDieselTrucks.com for all events and information.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
The Zoo is nice but a lot of up and down hill walking even for kids like me. I did all the excavation for the hippo exhibit. SeaWorld and the have a whole bunch of museums too. Fishing, suba diving, the whore houses in TJ are only 20 min away....

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
There are a lot of bums in the downtown area but they are tolerable. We toured that aircraft carrier in the harbor. Coronado is pretty cool, harbor dinner cruise is not bad. The zoo is nice too.

danegerous

Dr. Feelgood
Sep 14, 2009
San Diego
If all else fails you can come to my pad and play xbox. We're bound to see some hot moms taking their children trick or treating in my neighborhood.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
beach beach beach..... just spent the last 6 days down there.... went to the beach everyday. Water's still pretty cool but wasn't gonna miss a chance to hit some waves. Plus the women.......:drool: Downtown's always a cool place to go, just have to get used to that "last call" bs at the bars..... we don't have to deal with that around here.... :D

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Well ittts that time. Spent tonight in the gaslamp district and had some fun. I'm staying in the grand Hyatt if anyone is in town. I did see a 05-07 classic that was white and had about 7-9" on black rockstars tonight

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Go see The Farmers http://thefarmersmusic.com/fr_splash.cfm tonight at The Parkway Bar in La Mesa. If I wasn't 2000 miles away that's where I'd be. I may fly down for the tribute to Country Dick show at the end of November. The Beat Farmers were the best rock and roll show ever.