The things that make you go WTF...

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
A nice big WTF.....

Im remodeling a house I bought here in town and while thats in the process Im living with my parents across town. Most waking time from 5-6am to midnight-later is spent at the house - pretty much at my parents for the nice warm bed while walls are down to studs etc :D

Anyways Ive got an 18 foot trailer I drag around for all kinds of stuff - Had it prob 3 years and would be lost without it. Took a big load of crap from the house to the dump yesterday and tossed the trailer on the street in front of the house when I got back, and propped a set of tires up on the curb to get it to be as narrow as all the other cars on the street and not stick out. Got over here about 6am and it was gone... didnt notice though. Saw the mail lady doing a U turn and thought wait... she couldnt of done that! My trailer is right there! Walked around to see better and what do you know.... no trailer. Called all the people who thought may have borrowed it (jackass move without asking though... ) and a few possible "enemies" who could have stolen its property's. Nothin. :(

Called the popo and had a report taken, no insurance of course. Ive got a hitch lock but never use it at my house only when I have to leave it other places.

File the report and take off to go have lunch and run to the parents to grab some stuff in a super bummed mood. On one hand it was good because itll force me to get the big goose deckover I need, on the other hand just lost a good $2k trailer.

Came back from lunch... trailer was exactly where I left it with chains coiled how I had them, up on the curb, everything.

The things that make you go WTF.....

*Oh ya, hitch lock went on immediately and repositioned a surveillance camera to cover my trailer parking spot :D

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
You got lucky :D Insure it, it is probably only $18 a year.

We had the same thing in our driveway on the dairy 5 years ago. I went to bed at 2 am and it was there Pat woke up at 5 am and it was gone. Ours never came back.

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
I have a similar trailer. Less than $30 a year for insurance. Not worth the chance.

Ya got lucky, buy a lotto ticket.

04llygmc

Jan 10, 2007
Argos, Indiana
One more tidbit of advice is drill a few holes in the frame of the trailer someplace that you can see. If your trailer is ever stolen and the recovered you have to be able to identify. And a yep thats mine won't work.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Glad you got your trailer back.

Had an 8' rug on the truck a week ago. Needed a signature. Nobody home first attempt. Next day, rug not on truck. Thought "maybe its misloaded on someone else or left in building". Nope. Next day, still nothing. Had two clerks and a janitor looking for it. Nothing. Asked overgoods if it showed up (label couldve fell off) -- nothing. After a week -- nothing. Had our managers trace it. Only scan was mine on that first day.

Damn thing grew legs and disappeared. An 8' rug. Damn.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Musta been in someone's way.

No silly haha

DSC05985.jpg

Duramax2001

May 3, 2008
A couple of years ago, I had a piece of equipment break down and needed to borrow a friend of mines trailer. I couldn't get a hold of him. I called several times on my way over to his house to borrow his trailer. I knew he wouldn't mind. I pulled up to his house, the trailer was in an empty lot across the street. I hooked it up and off I went.
Next day he called me and I told him that I borrowed his trailer. He said I don't own that trailer anymore. I sold it 3 months ago. He said you borrowed my neighbors trailer and he isn't too happy about it. LOL:eek:

So I unloaded the piece of equipment and hot tailed that trailer back over to the spot that I "borrowed" it. MY buddy was there. So he introduced me to his neighbor. I apologized and asked him what kind of beer he drank. Cost me 2 cases..:D But he was pretty cool over the whole thing. Said he was about to call the cops until my buddy let him know were the trailer was.

Maybe someone thought they were borrowing your neighbors trailer. lol