The Bulldog Look, dont like it, any suggestions for a fix??

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
ok, this is a thing that i absolutely HATE about Chevys and GMCs... the Bulldog look! it may be some peoples fad, or favorite thing, but i hate it!

if youre wondering what im talking about, its the way that the front, and rear set with the wheels/tires. offset i guess is what it could be called.. the front is always sticking out farther than the rear.. the front is all bulky/aggressive looking, and the rear has the "chicken leg" look to it, lol..

i purchased a set of tires and rims a few weeks ago, needed new tires, and shoot, i dont really care for the stock rims either, so had a set of the good ole Rockstars thrown on with some Nitto Terra Grapplers.. love the tire/rim combo, but guess what, the front looks all aggressive, and mean looking, but shoot, you have to walk halfway around the truck to see the rear!! i come from the old school hot rod back ground i guess you could say, where the rear had fat tires that stood out and the fronts were skinnier....

being a 2wd truck, id like the tires and rims to at least stick out at same, so when you look down the side of the vehicle, they are at least level (flush), or the rear sticks out just a hair more than the front..

what would be a good suggestion for correcting the rear setup? is the only way to correct this throwing on a set of spacers??

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
its the nature of IFS. You could throw some spacers on i suppose. or buy 2 separate rims with different offset for the front

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
what are the cons to throwing on a set of spacers on the rear? ive got a set of spacers on my dodge megacab, and have had no problems whatsoever from them.. but hate to throw a set on with an aftermarket set of rims, and something goes badly wrong lol

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
It isn't very appealing to me either, but doesn't having the rear tucked in like this help with the turning radius, how the rear axle tracks the front? Thought I remembered hearing that somewhere?:dontknow: