The BLM vs. The Bundy Family

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Who has been keeping themselves educated on what is occurring in Nevada?

What are your thought? Does the BLM really want to help turtles or does Harry Reid and the feds have a different idea for that land?

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
It's difficult to sort out the real story, but you can bet Harry Reid and his attorney son Rory have their dirty fingers in it. Don't count on sites like Snopes to give you the unbiased story, Snopes is run by folks who love Ho' B'ama and all his cronies. It's pretty obvious there's some major political influence involved, based upon the massive assault operation assembled to "keep the peace". It's not about desert tortoises, that's obviously a distraction so you don't pay any attention to the "man behind the curtain"...
Here's an interesting point of view, I can't say how accurate it is, but it undoubtedly contains more truth than Harry Reid's government cronies would tell you:

http://www.infowars.com/before-neva...m-was-euthanizing-endangered-desert-tortoise/

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Cliff notes version

"Back in 2012, the New American reported that Harry Reid’s son, Rory Reid, was the chief representative for a Chinese energy firm planning to build a $5-billion solar plant on public land in Laughlin, Nevada.

And journalist Marcus Stern with Reuters also reported that Sen. Reid was heavily involved in the deal as well.

“[Reid] and his oldest son, Rory, are both involved in an effort by a Chinese energy giant, ENN Energy Group, to build a $5 billion solar farm and panel manufacturing plant in the southern Nevada desert,” he wrote. “Reid has been one of the project’s most prominent advocates, helping recruit the company during a 2011 trip to China and applying his political muscle on behalf of the project in Nevada.”

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
Last news story I herd was that protesters and malitia with guns showed up to the site and it started to get nasty so the BLM stopped the round up. After that the protesters went for the cattle that had been gathered up and the BLM decided to return the cattle to the owner to keep the peace.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Last news story I herd was that protesters and malitia with guns showed up to the site and it started to get nasty so the BLM stopped the round up. After that the protesters went for the cattle that had been gathered up and the BLM decided to return the cattle to the owner to keep the peace.

Yes they released the cattle, but they are not subsiding efforts to bring Bundy down.

I am more concerned about what 98% of our population has no clue about....The real reason behind the BLM's efforts to clear him off that land

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Yes they released the cattle, but they are not subsiding efforts to bring Bundy down.

I am more concerned about what 98% of our population has no clue about....The real reason behind the BLM's efforts to clear him off that land

X2

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
If Chinese solar panel story is accurate, it is good to see people still willing to come together and fight the bureaucracy. Funny to see the Feds running with their tail between their legs. Shows the population still has power. I hope it stays that way.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
The Bundy Family has ran cattle on that land since 1870 and the Federal Gov't never had a problem, now they want the land all the sudden.....An endangered animal is not the reason they want his cattle gone off that land, i know that much.

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
Been following this VERY closely the past week+.
Here's what I sent to my 2 useless Senators yesterday:

Senator,
It's now very clear that Senator Reid and his son Josh are deeply involved in a phony land grab of the Bundy ranch in Nevada and it is NOT about turtles nor about grazing rights but about selling the land to the Chinese energy firm ENN Energy Group to establish a solar energy plant. The deal was brokered (on taxpayer money for the effort) by Harry Reid and to the benefit of his son's firm. Well guess what Senator... there are people with eyes wide open around this country that are FED UP with the underhanded deals coming out of OUR government and the back door usurpation of citizens' rights. I DEMAND an immediate investigation into these illegal dealings and want you and your colleagues to know that we, the citizens of the USA, are watching every move. We are also VERY suspicious of why this whole issue has been hushed up. If you actually were interested in representing your constituents, I believe you should have already been calling for some heads to roll over this illegal dealing. And Harry would be in court.

Lamestream media is under hush orders as far as anyone knows. Damn shame the majority of the citizens are so busy being wrapped up in their own world that they are hoodwinked into allowing corrupt asshats keep being voted into office.:mad:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Good post btfarm. It's amazing just how many people have no actual clue about this matter.

It's a really big deal, all it would have taken was one gun shot, and it would have been heard around the world.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
The year after I retired we were wintering in Palm Springs CA and I was bored. I read an article in the local paper about the park service looking for volunteers to help them with a desert tortoises survey in the Joshua Tree National Park. There was a huge land fill project being proposed at an old open pit mine that bordered the park and they wanted to estimate the number of Desert Tortoise there were in the park as birds that are drawn to land fills, Ravens, Crows and Sea Gulls would also pray on young tortoises. We ended up finding way more than they ever thought was there much to the Park Service surprise.

My question now is why is BLM and the federal government all of a sudden worried about the Tortoises on this particular piece of land? What about the rest of the grazing land leases in the tortoises habitat? I think the solar energy field is the key and that fuking snake Harry Reid is totally behind it.

One problem I do have is the land owner, Bundy has not paid any lease fees in a long time. I have a problem with the give away program we have on public land grazing rights the way it is. As far as I'm concerned it's another form of welfare. He argues it not really federal land but Nevada state land. If you look at the Nevada statehood act it pretty clearly shows that most the territory that was not under clear private ownership became federal property. He doesn't see it that way.

I don't think we've seen the last of this, Reid is a snake and the lack of lease payments by Bundy gives the goverment a reason to take it. I do hope this is enough to make the public aware and squash any plans for a solar energy field the bastard had. I'd like to know how much money Bundy owes the BLM for grazing rights.

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
This out to answer some of the questions about why Bundy won't pay the feds:

Letter from bundy's daughter on the subject.

By SHIREE BUNDY COX:

I have had people ask me to explain my dad's stance on this BLM fight.

Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it.

There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell. My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972.

These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the servival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars.

These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management.

They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repaires and improvements of the ranches.

My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money's against the ranchers.

They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they're own grazing fees.

When they offered to buy my dad out for a penence he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren't doing their job.

He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down. So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes.

In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business. Well when buying him out didn't work, they used the indangered species card.

You've already heard about the desert tortis. Well that didn't work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years.

Now their desperate. It's come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff.

Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America.

Now you may be saying," how sad, but what does this have to do with me?" Well, I'll tell you.

They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again.

Next, it's Utah's turn. Mark my words, Utah is next.

Then there's the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn't paid them, those cattle do belong to him.

Regardless where they are they are my fathers property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even exsisted.

Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad's signature on it.

They think they can take them over two boarders, which is illegal, ask any trucker.

Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Aucion and sell them. All with our tax money.

They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars.

See how slick they are?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
The protection of the tortoises is just front to get the American people behind the government on this situation.

Our government doesn't care about turtles. They act like they care now because they need that land to stick money in their pockets via selling out to the Chinese.

Why Should Bundy have to pay a fee to let HIS cattle graze on HIS land?

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
The Bundy Family has ran cattle on that land since 1870 and the Federal Gov't never had a problem, now they want the land all the sudden.....An endangered animal is not the reason they want his cattle gone off that land, i know that much.

They have a desert tortoise ranch out in the desert that they can't afford to keep operational so they're going to kill all the turtles there (over 1000). So if they say it's about protecting the turtles they're full of sh!t.

Corey