Test your oil IQ

bighawg

Proud American Infidel
May 12, 2008
Carnesville, Georgia
Great article in Successful Farming Mag. this month about oil. They have an oil quiz on line, here's the link. See how you do I missed three.

One thing in the article that I thought was hugely important was the fact that the glycol portion of antifreeze boosts metal wear rates 10 times greater than water contamination alone and reduces oil's viscosity.

I would think if you are running around with blown head gaskets you could be doing more damage than you imagined.

http://www.agriculture.com/ag/quiz.jhtml?quizId=/templatedata/ag/quiz/data/1232484846991.xml

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
5 out of 10 haha. Ive never claimed to be an expert on oil or really have any desire to be, I just go to the auto parts store, grab the bottle that says 15w-40 on it, and pour it in every 5,000 miles. Hasnt failed me yet! :cool:

ben

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
7 of 10.

Another possible way antifreeze gets in your oil...when the waterpump goes bad.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Damn! I missed 1 :rofl: 90%

As usual I overread the ATF question....Oh, thats technically a hydraulic fluid.....still oil dumbie :banghead:

Last edited:

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Great article in Successful Farming Mag. this month about oil. They have an oil quiz on line, here's the link. See how you do I missed three.

One thing in the article that I thought was hugely important was the fact that the glycol portion of antifreeze boosts metal wear rates 10 times greater than water contamination alone and reduces oil's viscosity.

I would think if you are running around with blown head gaskets you could be doing more damage than you imagined.

http://www.agriculture.com/ag/quiz.jhtml?quizId=/templatedata/ag/quiz/data/1232484846991.xml

Lol, I havnt even gotten to that magazine yet! If youre like me, I get so many I hardly have time to go through them all. Good catch!

6/10 BTW :baby: