LB7: Tech 2

Nov 9, 2014
I currently have an 02 duramax that has no power and has a low fuel pressure at the rail code was looking for someone near the killeen fort hood, texas area with a tech 2 so i can get specifics and figure out what the problem is.

Nov 9, 2014
thanks for the replys guys im leaning towards fprv or maybe injectors ive already shimmed my pressure relief valve in hopes that it was just worn but no luck

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Do you know how many miles are on the CP3? If it's a high milage unit I'd replace the whole thing, of course after you make sure it pump related.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Hey I had a similar problem.take your ecm out and send it to get reflashed or replaced.

You are joking right?

Blind leading the blind :roflmao:
If it was an 01, this would be a serious response as 01's WILL randomnly throw the P0093 code for no reason. GM had a flash update just for this problem. 02+ not a problem, if anything 02 takes to long to code. I know my 6006 02 OS wouldn't code when I was onlu holding 13,600 when commanded was 23,800. 01's will code if it is low by just a few hundred.
thanks for the replys guys im leaning towards fprv or maybe injectors ive already shimmed my pressure relief valve in hopes that it was just worn but no luck
NEVER heard of an LB7 having problems with the rail valve popping. I've run em right up to 180-200 MPA, and still not popped one open. I would suspect the CP3 or an injector or 2. Time to do a return rate test to find your problem.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
The 2001 had problems with the rail pressure relief leaking (driverside) giving your vehicle a diesel fluid bath.

Nov 9, 2014
CP3 is original has 280k miles on it and I was also told the pressure relief valve rarely is an issue I just figured it was a quick cheap check. thanks for the replies. As of now with the research I have been doing and without a tech 2 or diagnostic tool im thinking cp3