LBZ: Tap Shifter not working

sterlinLBZ

My shifter started acting up a little while back not letting me shift it when its in M it would jump straight to 6th even if I'm just tanking off. But i can pull the shifter back towards myself and down a little and keep pressure on it will some times work like it should. anyone ever had any problems like this??

BobbyBDirtyMax

US Marine Corps Retired
Feb 15, 2013
Madisonville, KY
I'd get ahold of Mike L., sounds like it could be a connection somewhere or maybe the NSBU. I've seen it once before but never followed up to know for sure what fixed it.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Sounds like it could be a broken wire in the column

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
shifter has a broken wire in the column, for sure.

Take the column covers off, and look at the orange-sheathed cable going to the shifter and I bet you'll see its chaffed/broken.

Ben

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
I actually had this same problem today. Wouldn't let me select the gear. It would be stuck on 6th if I was moving, or it would be stuck in 1st if I was sitting still then jump to 6th once I got moving. I shut the truck off and restarted it then it went back to working normal. Although it seemed like when the put the selector in M it would take a second but the ( ) would jumped from 6th to whatever gear I was in. I don't believe mine is a broken wire since it went back to working after a restart.