Strange Noise

booxr800

Boo
Sep 13, 2009
Central Michigan
I am not even sure how to describe it. It comes from under the hood when I accelerate around half throttle or higher and it's rather loud. If I ease out of the throttle it stops. I thought maybe it was something in the tuning cause I noticed it after changing tuners. So I switched back to my other tunes and its still doing it. I need to get a sound clip for you all to listen to.

Anyone in the central Michigan area that could help or go for a ride and tell me what it is that I am hearing?

booxr800

Boo
Sep 13, 2009
Central Michigan
I had a boost leak before with the block plate when I did egr delete and that was a loud whistle noise. I almost think it's an exhaust leak but can't pin point it.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
So do you still have your original passenger up pipe on or how did you do that? Could be the bellows on that pipe if you didn't change it..

booxr800

Boo
Sep 13, 2009
Central Michigan
Yes it's the little bellow on the pipe that goes to where the EGR was. Should I stop driving it? I work out of state so it sits most of the time but I drive it while on days off

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Naw shouldn't hurt, I drove mine for a little while like that.. I just wouldn't drive it hard and definitely try to get it taken care of soon as you can..

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
I'd be interested to hear more about this.

Can you describe the sound as it was?
How did you locate the leak to be the up-pipe?

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona