straight axle conversion

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Well i got all the IFS stuff out this whore today and got the straight axle under it today. all i got to do is get all my metel and go ahead and make my mounts put my 205 t case under it and get shafts made up. Should have her going by tuesday ill try to load some pics of before and after. These after pics are the actual size of what the truck will be. I lifted it 13 inchs. Which in 4x4 speech is is 6 inchs.

Also the truck is going to get the new updated front end. With the stack headlights clear lenses with blue lights in them. A custom made ranch hand. repainted pearl white with a billit grill.

Attachments

• Straight axle conversion.jpg
    Straight axle conversion.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 127
  • straight axle conversion 1.jpg
    straight axle conversion 1.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 127
  • straight axle conversion 2.jpg
    straight axle conversion 2.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 69

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Before anyone asked the question the reason i had to go 13 inchs on it is because the center support is in the way of the pumpkin. So instead of me cutting the center support out and building another i decide just to lift it more

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
This thing just keeps looking better and better this is a fun build.

Bad part about this build is i put the axle in let the weight of the truck down and the leave springs bent backwards. So now i gotta by some 6 inch arch leave springs that are for a 2500. The truck will be a total of 22 inchs tall on 38 inch hogs:mad:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
13" of lift=6" of lift? 22" tall? What kind of axle is that?

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Well for the people that are interested im sure not many are. i went a whole differnt route :rofl: Sad part is now i got exactly 4,000 dollars into my straight axle conversion. I am running a dana 44 front and a dana 60 rear with 12 inch lift springs and 44 inch super swamper Boggers. Ill have some pics of it pretty soon. Its tall as hell:baby:

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Josh the way i was trying to explain it is 2wd vehicles sit lower then a 4x4. But now i will have a true 26 inchs of 4x4 lift with 44 boggers

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Does that 26" of lift include the lift you get from running bigger tires?

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Does that 26" of lift include the lift you get from running bigger tires?

No it does not. The tires on the truck in the pic where 35's I am going to be running 44's So overall the circumference ( Sorry for the spelling ) will be 4.5 more inchs taller. So it will be some where around 30.5 inches of lift.

Whichs means

No more mcdonalds drive threw, No more taking my truck to the drivein movie's, No more airport

Last edited:

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
There coming soon enough. Should have my running gear in tommorw ( I hope ) then i gotta do my hydralic steering. Then traction bars and drive shaft. Then work out a couple kinks. And she will be rolling

Cool, lets see some pictures of the progress man. Sounds cool. Is hyd steering legal?

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Joining in to learn. I can't wait to see more pics. I'm planning a D60 on the CHUM. I already have my divorced 205.

The 205 is a very very strong case. But if u are wanting to throw tremendous about of torque to the case a np200 will be your best bet for a DD truck. Unless u wanna step into rockwells. Then u gotta here them wine going down the road