Stock turbo mods?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
What type of mods are you looking to do. Other shops have machined out the compressor housing and put 2.6 wheels on them. Danville does alot of mods to stock turbos, as does Fleece. Then there is the bolt on Garrett AVNT 4094.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
IIRC correctly I can get you one for $2600-$2700 but it's been a little while since I got someone a quote on one. So for about the same price as the Cheetah or Danville chargers you get a brand new Garrett engineered turbo and you get to keep or sell your stock charger.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
What Jon fingers vanes ?

Danville's Stage 2 use Jon's vanes with a Garrett AVNT turbine wheel.

Garrett doesn't want a core back Dustin ??

Correct, you get a completely new turbo and they could care less what you do with your used stock one. The other places send you a modified, used, stock turbo (for about the same price) and want your stock one to modify for the next guy.

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
For what it's worth, i like my Danville stage 2 in the MPI compound setup, though if he made something bigger on the exhaust side (which the Garrett 4094 AVNT is NOT) - something that flowed better, i'd take it. My turbo was supposed to have been brand new before danville worked on it - but i didn't inspect it close enough to know for sure whether it was or wasnt.

I think the hold up with my turbo and any of the AVNT isn't on the compressor side. Its on the exhaust side. Improve that flow and you've gained a ton IMO after all my 'testing' the past year. Still hoping something new hits the market very soon that improves on the exhaust side.

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
Our original 71mm exducer turbine flowed better than the AVNT 69mm exducer that we use now but it holds up better. I have a 71mm and 73mm turbine built to try in a cheetah next.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Our original 71mm exducer turbine flowed better than the AVNT 69mm exducer that we use now but it holds up better. I have a 71mm and 73mm turbine built to try in a cheetah next.

Which holds up better, the original 71 or your new one :confused:, I think I have one of the originals in the 71 version and its still in service (trouble free) :D

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
For what it's worth, i like my Danville stage 2 in the MPI compound setup, though if he made something bigger on the exhaust side (which the Garrett 4094 AVNT is NOT) - something that flowed better, i'd take it. My turbo was supposed to have been brand new before danville worked on it - but i didn't inspect it close enough to know for sure whether it was or wasnt.

I think the hold up with my turbo and any of the AVNT isn't on the compressor side. Its on the exhaust side. Improve that flow and you've gained a ton IMO after all my 'testing' the past year. Still hoping something new hits the market very soon that improves on the exhaust side.

X2, Zach. I offer both and prefer to built the brand new ones. I am still working on the next level stuff and Zach is at the top of the list for it.:thumb: