Stock Dually with 285/75R16.

Veikra

Dec 19, 2011
Montreal, Canada
This is my setup after reconverting the truck to a dually. Wheels are rockstars.

The rear spacers are 2 inch.

IMG_9873.jpg

IMG_9875.jpg

IMG_9876.jpg

IMG_9871.jpg

IMG_9872.jpg

Veikra

Dec 19, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Exactly as Blksmoke said. I bought it as a SRW converter truck. it was converted cause the guy was too cheap to source out the proper bed after damaging it.

Malibu: the wheels have a ring that you put in the hole and it sits a little further on the hub. To be perfect, one should get spacers with the ring machined in it to fake a new hub. For comparision, the 2500 wheels would bend the studs and it still didn't break.

Theses wheels are also bolt centric versu the oem hub centric. While I prefer hub centric, I've had no issues with these wheels on there, with spacers and 3000lbs in the truck.

the way the spacers works, Both tires don't share bolts. You could lose all the nuts, and lose the first wheels but the other wheel has it's own set of bolts to hold them.

I'm no fan of oversize tires, but theses tires came with everything includings bolts spacers, wheels and etc. Saved me a bunch of time . The tires are said to wear fast, so I may get some michelins for summer . These are mud and snow tires afterall.

Gonna have to do something about those bare metal rocker panels soon...

Camaroz1985

Nov 30, 2012
Carlisle, PA
Truck looks great. What size are the tires? Do you have a lift or leveled at all?

Can you take a picture from directly behind the rear tires? I'm curious to see how much the tires stick out of the fenders. They (cops, inspection mechanics, etc.) make a big stink about that around here.

Veikra

Dec 19, 2011
Montreal, Canada
the tires are 285/75/16. I have no lift, no leveling kit or even cranked torsion bars. Bone stock

I'll take a pic tomorrow. They stick out a lot from the bottom, but maybe 3/4 or 1 inch at the top? Remember cops mostly bugs Jeep owners, so if it was a jeep i'd get pulled over.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
nothing wrong with bolt centric wheels, the dodges I have played with are all bolt centric and they have seen huge amounts of abuse.

I saw rockstars and I thought damn to bad, that wheel has been played out. But they do look better as a dually

Veikra

Dec 19, 2011
Montreal, Canada
They were cost effective so you can't blame me haha. I f'ed one up when the blockheater cord fell and caught in the centercap, rubbed agaisnt the passenger front >.>

I've hauled over 2800lbs in the bed (rubber mats), plus trailer and no prob with the bolt centrics. EXCEPT I cannot use the spacers on stockers. (wanted to put those tires on stocker rims for winter, and get some highway ribs high mileage tires on the rockstars)

Im not too fussy now since the truck aint reprayed yet