SS brake hose for lifted trucks

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Can't find any reliable source if the Russel SS hoses will fit on lifted applications. Tried my local hose shop, they don't do SS brake hoses :confused:. I'm not sure if those hoses would work when the truck hits full droop. I've had my rear at full droop and the brake hose would be literally holding the axle like a limiting strap. Anyone knows a good source to find brake hoses to work on my truck?

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
This company will make what you need, see them on a lot of Jeep forums etc.

http://www.crownperformance.com/

0908or_14_z+brake_line_tech+layers_of_brakes.jpg

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Russell 695770 are the ones I have. They are longer for lifted trucks. Also on a 6-8 lift. I've had the rear as far as the air bags will allow and I haven't had any issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Russell 695770 are the ones I have. They are longer for lifted trucks. Also on a 6-8 lift. I've had the rear as far as the air bags will allow and I haven't had any issues.

Thanks Arek. What kind of bags are you running?

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Looks like it should work better than the one in my truck. Just ordered it. I'm replacing all of my calipers. One of them was sticking last week which made my rim so hot it nearly burned my hand, I checked it with my infrared temp gun, rim was 255 degrees.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Damn. Well at least brake parts aren't expensive for these. The lines do make a difference too.

Flush all the fluid and do an abs cycle if you can.

I used a longer bolt and a plastic spacer to mount them under the control arm up front. That way it doesn't rub

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
I wouldn't call it cheap lol. I had the fluid flushed last year when I did the rotor and pads. Now I gotta replace the hub seal since it got cooked from that sticking caliper. I'm changing the differential fluid too, don't trust the oil after finding out how hot that side got.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
I went ahead and got the Russel 695770. Needed it asap, it's my only DD. I couldn't keep driving it with a sticking caliper. After replacing the lines and caliper, my hydroboost definitely needs to be replaced. I'll replace that along with the updated power steering pump and probably add in the GM PS cooler.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Thanks for the link Mike. The reason my caliper was sticking was due to the excessive heavy braking during traffic from the idiots trying to and cut me off. Also I think my left rear caliper was starting to seize up from the corrosive salt from the previous winter, it didn't get washed much. It was better to replace all the calipers for my peace of mind than dealing with it again on the other sides. And Napa has lifetime warranty on the calipers, can't beat that.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Your welcome DP has some good archives. Some go through brakes, batteries, ujoints etc. those items I get good life out of, I just have had no luck with radiators since I've been driving and quit counting, crossing my fingers on this truck.....:thumb:

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
I've had a good life out of pretty much everything except for the front end which I replaced it with the kryptonite at, 64k. Now it has 164k, the only front end item I've replaced after that was the gear box and pitman/idler arm setup. I've upgraded those Moog to the HD version, so far so good at 25k miles. My wheel bearings are original and I'm surprised it hasn't crapped yet especially the way how I take corners.

What's the reason for the radiator issues?