Sponsors?

blowinsmoke

obsessed not addicted
Nov 24, 2009
hey guys I am 27 yr veteran of the ASE Master certified diesel world, and was wanting to know how i would inquire about a sponsorship, or sponsers, for a serious lb7 build. Does anyone have any info at all? With all the great diesel gearheads on this site I was sure someone might know something. Thanks guys and you guys are a great group of proffessionals which I am proud to a part of!! TY JEFF:boxing:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
hey guys I am 27 yr veteran of the ASE Master certified diesel world, and was wanting to know how i would inquire about a sponsorship, or sponsers, for a serious lb7 build. Does anyone have any info at all? With all the great diesel gearheads on this site I was sure someone might know something. Thanks guys and you guys are a great group of proffessionals which I am proud to a part of!! TY JEFF:boxing:

good luck:thumb:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Here's the situation. Unless you have friends, family, or similiar, sponsors are going to be based directly on how much exposure you can give them. If they give $1000 in parts, they want $1000 worth of advertising minimum, usually more.

Without a provable track-record of advertising, it's going to be a hard sell. So collect as much data on your racing as possible, and save it up.

One of reasons it's so hard to get sponsors for small-time (but very serious) racers, is due to large number of flakes. Many guys get freebies, then deliver no advertising. This hurts the others who are trying to get assistance for their racing.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Here's the situation. Unless you have friends, family, or similiar, sponsors are going to be based directly on how much exposure you can give them. If they give $1000 in parts, they want $1000 worth of advertising minimum, usually more.

Without a provable track-record of advertising, it's going to be a hard sell. So collect as much data on your racing as possible, and save it up.

One of reasons it's so hard to get sponsors for small-time (but very serious) racers, is due to large number of flakes. Many guys get freebies, then deliver no advertising. This hurts the others who are trying to get assistance for their racing.

Pat is 100% correct , I have been in contact with many companies and have had help from a few , but at best it will be " cost " on there parts in return of running there stickers or logo on your truck , this is the best i have gotten even with building a dedicated and seriously built race truck , most companies want you to start there and after a season of racing with go back to the drawing board on what you have provided them for the $ they invested in you and decide if they are willing to help more . You need a serious resume and it needs to include alot of racing and experience , if you dont have it , go get it , show up to the big events and then be able to do well and then report back with results from 1-2 years of racing . right now alot of companies are supporting NHRDA so racing there series is a big plus .

FORBIDN

FORBIDN ENGINEERING
Oct 23, 2009
Billings,Mt
Just Maybe?

I was in the same situation.....I wrote letters to many different companies and chatted on the phone with people for a long time. I couldn't receive any diesel sponsorships from anyone but I was lucky enough to get a great sponsorship with VIBRANT PERFORMANCE for all my fabrication supplies. I will hold the sponsorship as long as I send status pics every 2 weeks!!! So maybe you can get lucky and strike a deal....just do as much research as possible!