LB7: smoke issue

chrisdefo26

Nov 16, 2014
So back in December my truck would smoke at idle pretty good and once I took off from idling it would leave a trail of white/dark blue smoke. I got all 8 injectors done and since then the truck does not smoke at all while idling or while taking off from idling. After all that I got an egr code (cali emissions lb7) and right when I got the egr code p0404 I also got MAF code p0101. I installed a egr blocker and have yet to get the code shut off with EFI live since I do not own it. The truck runs great while driving around town, and has plenty of power, my issue right now is when I am on the highway cruising it will smoke white/grayish-blue but only if I keep the throttle steady around 48-55% which shows rail pressure at 21-21.5kpsi and boost is around 6-8psi. It literally only happens if I hold it around there for a minute or two and it will start smoking pretty good. If I give it more throttle it instantly goes away and if I let off the throttle completely it also goes away. It seems now that the weather is getting warmer its starting to get a little worse. Mods on the truck are superchips tuner, turbo horn mod, and a ppe boost valve.

chrisdefo26

Nov 16, 2014
Just checked my balance rates this morning. When the truck is cold injector 1 is -7 and injector 6 is -5 all other are within spec. Once the truck is warm injector 1 goes to -3 and injector 6 goes to -3.5. Just had all 8 injectors replaced a few months ago.

chrisdefo26

Nov 16, 2014
A shop called Jersey Deisel Performance. It's right across the street from XDP, they told me they used Dtech injectors.

chrisdefo26

Nov 16, 2014
From what I was told by the shop they are supposed to be pretty reliable. They also come with a 2 year unlimited mile warranty.

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
We see alot of issues with the Dtech Injectors. OEM Bosch Injectors are the only way to go! Looks like you need a couple warrantied already.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
We see alot of issues with the Dtech Injectors. OEM Bosch Injectors are the only way to go! Looks like you need a couple warrantied already.

This ^^ we used to sell dtech until we had multiple issues with them.. Now Bosch all the way from this guy ^