Small ac issue

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Hey guys/gals, My ac has developed a leak and im pertty sure its an oring but im going to replace the hose also. I want to say its the low pressure back to compressor (the line that runs behind the resonator). Well my problem is what part number do i need to replace it? I cant seem to find it because so many ac lines pop up. Ill post a picture to clarify. 2004.5 cclb wt

Thanks trying to get this fixed before i melt in traffic.

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Hey guys/gals, My ac has developed a leak and im pertty sure its an oring but im going to replace the hose also. I want to say its the low pressure back to compressor (the line that runs behind the resonator). Well my problem is what part number do i need to replace it? I cant seem to find it because so many ac lines pop up. Ill post a picture to clarify. 2004.5 cclb wt

Thanks trying to get this fixed before i melt in traffic.

42478760913e28884c1d01945bb3777c.jpg
3b445a3bd99288154d73573318570975.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Have you tried gmpartsdirect.com. The diagrams are just like dealers for the most part.

I would just throw a new rubber washer in there and call it good.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
That looks like the compressor suction line should come from accumulator. Should be cold when running. Discharge is small line (really hot when running), runs to the condenser (in radiator stack), from there it runs up to the cab where it goes through the throttling valve or orifice to convert it from liquid to gas where it gets cold, in the evaporator, it collects heat from the cab air, then discharges the cab to the accumulator (basically a surge tank for any liquid to flash to gas in), then down to the compressor. Accumulator or drier is used to keep the pump from seeing any liquid. Liquid in the pump is bad and can cause major issues up to blowing the thing apart.

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Thanks everyone. See I went to rock auto and filled in the search but it gave me tons of ac hoses for all different variations of the motor for that year.... it was a cluster. Yeah I just want to change the oring and be done with it but im not sure of the hose. Does it come with the orings or do i need to order them? Thanks again for the help I’m completely green to automotive ac especially for this truck.

Last edited:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Also make sure and check your connections at the condenser. GM put a steel and aluminum connection together at the condenser, and they corrode, push apart some, and the orings give out. I've gone in, scotch brited theconnections to clean them up, and put new orings in to fix the leaks. They don't stand out so they're easily overlooked.