Slotted Rotors

dieseldan723

Still learning.....
Jun 16, 2010
I have warped my stock rotors. Probably due to towing a very heavy trailer down steep hills. The local brake shop is recommending slotted rotors for the front.

Any good suggestions for brand/place to purchase?

TIA

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I run some slotted and dimpled from Brake Performance. I have ran them for 1.5 years now and pull trailers for work etc.. They have been head and shoulders above stock setups and are lifetime warrantied against warping.

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
my stock set looked fine but were glazed bad and would barely stop the truck rotors were blue and heat cracked, these work awesome

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
hmm i tow pretty heavy daily, didnt know they made slotted rotors for these trucks...anyone got any pictures and prices?

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Got them from here.....and there posi-Quiet Pads..

http://www.r1concepts.com/

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
wow those things are georgious...sold ha ha are they stock pads you can get at the auto parts store or do you have to get them from say the internet...stock calipers also? sorry for all the questions never upgraded brakes on anything

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
They are stock sized rotors......so reg pads can be used. I figured I would try there Posi-Quiet ones. Been on for I'd say 20K miles. Very little brake dust and they dont squeek.

But you could use any brand oem replacement you want.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
thanks for the info. will be upgrading soon as my brakes suck rite now.had them bled and put new fluid new pads in all corners and they still suck.i think its my rotors

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Anyone put braided stainless lines on their truck too?

I do as well.....Got them from Nick at Norcal truck....bit pricey but they come with all the stock hardware on them. Super Easy changeover because the stock hardware is pressed on them, so you would either not run it with other brands or bend the stock stock off the rubber line and rebend it on the new one.

Plus you can get different colors of lines.

i noticed a difference in pedal feel as well.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Anyone put braided stainless lines on their truck too?

Been wanting too .
I do as well.....Got them from Nick at Norcal truck....bit pricey but they come with all the stock hardware on them. Super Easy changeover because the stock hardware is pressed on them, so you would either not run it with other brands or bend the stock stock off the rubber line and rebend it on the new one.

Plus you can get different colors of lines.

i noticed a difference in pedal feel as well.

Good to know they work good , have been wanting to do them since i put the upgraded rotors and pads on .

Here is a pic of mine , I am running "Cryogenic" rotors from Crager ( http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/Cragar/Product-Line/Cragar-Cryogenic-Performance-Brake-Rotors/?autoview=SKU, from Summit racing , and EBC yellow's up front and Hawks out back , brakes were much better after the upgrade , and they are still on the truck today , been on for about 2 years now .

_DeviceMemory_home_user_pictures-1.jpg

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
The ones I got was a 3 piece set....the front 2 and the one line in the back with a tee on the end that go to each back corner, been wanting to do the other 2 small lines on each back wheel.

Before i did all the rotors and lines I could blow through the brakes pretty easily.....Haven't been able to now.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
i have the russell kit, you use the stock frame brackets for the front two, ditch the control arm brackets, and the rear 3 are just plug and play. i also did inlinetube.com pre-bent lines, and i have to be honest, some of them were just so out of whack i can't understand it. I mean, it was still nice to have the major guess work and bending out of the way, but it was a pain, and i have the truck basically stripped. i couldnt find another company that does pre-bent, but if any of you find one, try them.