single stack with twin turbo's

mainer

Nov 11, 2008
anyone running this setup ( i know trentnell is)

how loud is it?? can you list what cab style you have and how loud it is in the cab for regular driving etc and whether or not you have a muffler.

i'm debating taking off the mbrp cool duals and putting a 7" single stack in.

need some input on noise first. since the twins my truck is much quieter as far as exhaust noise, looking to get some of that back .

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
as you stated i am .... the truck is very quite with the 5" stack, muffler , and twins . i just carried the whole family on a camping trip with my 1 year old daughter sleeping in the back seat in her car seat a tad bit of drown @ 1500-1600 rpm or so but i never spend any time @ that low rpm . much quieter than my muffled rear exit was . stack height is even with the top of the cab . i can take a vid / sound clip for you ?

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
a video would be awesome, maybe and idle and a drive by would be even better

best i could do untill a later date would be a idle walk around the truck and a drive down the road with the video in the cab ? here is a vid from the strip long vid though with a bunch of other stuff on it . my first run is a good one to listen to because i run against a stock dodge so your only hearing my truck like 1:10 in the vid .

[YOUTUBE]KQcvY7ANRPY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Smokin LB7

Jul 25, 2008
Your truck sounds rad Trent. I like it a lot

That rat rod right after you run that silver dodge is freaking awesome. I dont know who could ever fit in that thing but that is some cool stuff. Was there a Dmax in that?

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Your truck sounds rad Trent. I like it a lot

That rat rod right after you run that silver dodge is freaking awesome. I dont know who could ever fit in that thing but that is some cool stuff. Was there a Dmax in that?

Rat Rod has a twin turbo 12v . i would go for it mainer , its very quiet with a bit of a performance sound still , like i stated i even tow with it ... didnt even soot out the front of my 5ther , it was still clean when i got home . and i dont think you will ever make it loud again if you want more ditch the muffler :D

Last edited:

mainer

Nov 11, 2008
ya it sounds pretty quiet, i just remember before the twins in mine the cool duals "roared" especially off buildings and passing cars etc

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
ya it sounds pretty quiet, i just remember before the twins in mine the cool duals "roared" especially off buildings and passing cars etc

as i stated above ditch the muffler and stack it ... its the loudest it will ever be . the twins really cut out alot of noise , i was very happy about it... but i'm on the crest of 30 with wife and baby so your taste changes i guess :rofl:

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
Keep the duals but ditch the muffler, having duals the sound can resonate off of cars, buildings, walls, ect.

Last edited:

mainer

Nov 11, 2008
it still has a rumble but nothing like before.... and it sounds almost stock inside cruising

trent.... any turbine whine out the exhaust now?? my buddies dodge with phat shaft 62 had stupid turbine whine

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
The twin set up really quiet's it down huh?:( So it takes away the deep rumble at idle?:eek:

yes ... but being fast is funner than sounding fast :joker: jk :rofl: , i couldnt resist . in seriousness my truck sounds a bit louder than stock at iddle but still has a decent note at WOT but way quiter than before i am still running a muffler... i prefer a quite truck myself i like a bit of wistle and a bit of a deep note , i can post that vid tonight or tomarrow if mainer still wants it ?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
it still has a rumble but nothing like before.... and it sounds almost stock inside cruising

trent.... any turbine whine out the exhaust now?? my buddies dodge with phat shaft 62 had stupid turbine whine

a fair bit of whine but when they light its more of a whooosh , its been cold here so still not driving around with the window's down yet . and havent heard it other than in the cab . probably much louder outside .

Last edited:

mainer

Nov 11, 2008
ya another video would be great, i've been told from friends i've passed that it sounds like a jet outside def tons of whistle

mainer

Nov 11, 2008
Keep the duals but ditch the muffler, having duals the sound can resonate off of cars, buildings, walls, ect.

thought about that, when i first put my duals on i drove home from school (50) miles with just my stock front pipe on and it was raspy as hell sounded terrible thats why i am wondering about a muffler

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
thought about that, when i first put my duals on i drove home from school (50) miles with just my stock front pipe on and it was raspy as hell sounded terrible thats why i am wondering about a muffler

the mbrp mufflers have a deep roar to them.

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD

the mbrp mufflers have a deep roar to them you could give one a try, magnaflows are just too quiet imo.