Should I Just Sell It All??

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I'm 3 months short of 4 years from when I broke the crank in my engine. The truck has been moved 3 times since, and has been in it's current resting place for over 3 years now-collecting dust in my garage. I'm currently faced with a relocation due to my company going under so it would require another move and likely to a place with no shop for me to work on it in. That and a pending divorce makes me think twice if it's going to be worth it to drag it with me to the next place. Just to sit some more.

Is there a market for a fixer upper? Just needs payment for the engine and it's relatively plug and play. Other than the trans will need a converter and a build eventually. I have a converter on loan from Mike L that I will need to give back to him.

Truck has around 135 000 miles or so on it, no body rust, has a 6" lift and the standard steering improvements for big tires. Aluminum slip tank, bunch of new stuff, big sound system, interior is near mint for an almost 10 y/o classic body LT Silverado. Engine is built but still needs payment for the machining and assembly and is still sitting in Montana. It has most of the usual go fast internals.

No idea what it would be worth running or in it's current condition, but I know it would make the next owner smile in the seat. Not many LBZ'S around with this kind of mileage and condition.

So what of it? Thoughts?

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Couple older pics. It hasn't changed much as it's been parked for so long other than different wheels on it now.

Attachments

• IMAG0174.jpg
    IMAG0174.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 197
  • IMAG0171.jpg
    IMAG0171.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 209
  • IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMAG0173.jpg
    IMAG0173.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 216

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Damn, sorry to hear, you have a lot on your plate. I'd probly burn it out of rage, but I'm self destructive.

Most LBZ's go for 18-26 with that mileage around here depending who's selling it.

I have no clue what it's worth w/I a motor.

Is the buyer required to pay for the built motor waiting for it?

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I'd sell it....seems more of a burden than anything else. I hate to say it but it's what I would do in your situation.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Put a running stock lbz in it and let it ride. You'll end up with about 22 or 23k for it stock, then you can sell the go fast goodies...

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Put a running stock lbz in it and let it ride. You'll end up with about 22 or 23k for it stock, then you can sell the go fast goodies...

That's what I did with my last one. Sold enough go fast goodies to build the trans in the newest one!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yeah, put a stock drivetrain in it, get it running, then decide. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
You'll regret it either way, so ya might as well keep it...ask me how I know:roflmao:
:D

How much for the payoff on the built engine?
Sell that and put in a reman engine, or a used one...get it goin and drive the bitch again

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Putting a stock cheap engine in isn't something (I'm embarrassed to say) that has crossed my mind. I think of all the work that goes into a swap and it kind of frightens me, but after thinking about it now, and the other option I never considered, maybe your right. I would regret it.

I know I won't get what I want if I just sell a rolling chassis. I also know that due to a few posts and pm's there are people that there is a possibility to sell.

I have about a month or so to either get rid of it or get it rolling. Taking it with me or storing it isn't an option.

I need to think about it and weigh my options. Thanks for all your input folks. Much appreciated.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Maybe.

Working on the other option. If I can make it happen quickly and at a decent price I'll keep it and either just sell the built engine or deal with it later.

If I can't make it work then at least I know there are some people interested in maybe buying one part or both.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
You will make more selling the built motor separately than selling it complete. Built motor trucks don't really sell fast or for as much as they cost to build.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I'll keep it in mind. I have a few people interested. And working on my own options.
I'd definitely only sell the engine if I can get my money out of it. It's not going to be parted out.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I don't know what your finances look like, and I don't need to...I can relate
Selling and swapping for the 90k LMM engine sounds like a winner to me!

Kill it!
Meaning, get er running and drive it again...it takes quite a bit of the sting away and it's still a hoot to bebop around in

You got a nice truck just SITTIN THERE...you'd feel a whole heck of alot better about it working the go pedal:thumb:

Dude, the engine swap isn't a big deal at all...I had mine out in about 6 and when I went to put in the reman, I had it buttoned up, in and idling in 8...no air tool, no hydraulic lift, just a hoist a creeper and determination to get er done...

Don't sell it!
You're probably gonna take a little loss, suck it up and bite the bullet
You got this Dale!