Should I color match my front?

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Been kinda wanting to color match my front end, but need some opinions.

I def. want to paint the Bumper cover Greystone.

How bout the grille ( all chrome to be painted.)

Should i do the bumper also?

Lower valence?

What combo will look the best?

I love the front end of a SS Silverado.

Also going to take the amber out of my lights.

Here's how it looks now.

DSCN0891.jpg

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I wouldn't do the valance and the top of the bumper I think that looks like ass.

Just the top of the bumper looks good some half tons came that way.

I say get an ARB bumper:thumb:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I'm at the same point Tim, I need to paint my upper bumper pad it looks like trash up there it matches nothing and the texture collect dirt. I would use a single stage polyureathane paint as it is flexible and sticks good to plastics

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
I'm at the same point Tim, I need to paint my upper bumper pad it looks like trash up there it matches nothing and the texture collect dirt. I would use a single stage polyureathane paint as it is flexible and sticks good to plastics

Yeah, def want to paint the top bumper pad,

Really debating on painting the grille.:confused:

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
An SS front bumper would look real sweet I think, but its is the priciest I imagine. I think it might look good if you painted the black honeycomb part of the grill to match the body color. Maybe try and mess with photoshop a bit and see what happens.

JS2TZU

Dec 3, 2008
Kauai Hawaii
ive have to do mine too but im such a lazy azz! im going to color match the grill and leave the billet insert and paint the bumper pad and valance. im really just waiting for the wifey to piss me off so I can get a road armor or equivelant style bumper!:D

ICULKN

And Yes I drive it !!
Jan 6, 2010
SO CAL / New York
Color matching the upper and lower looks great, just sand them smooth, also the rear bumper plastic but no need to sand the rears smooth just clean every thing good before painting. Also 3 M makes a additive for plastic to help make the paint stick to the plastic and also one for flex. I saw a New SS Bumper Cover for sale on Chevy/GMC D-Max forum.:thumb:

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Thanks Guys! appreciate the opinions!

iculkn,sweet truck, COOL NAME!!!:thumb:

blackduramx07, Grille looks awesome!

Last edited:

Stewart Leask

Nov 15, 2009
http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-2006-CHEVY...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5638320eab

sorry for ebay link but thats what i got on my truck to get rid of the orange, much more sleek than the over-the-top halo stuff (no offense guys). i'd say just use some backtoblack on the upper part of hte bumper, make it shine like your lower valence. or get a new upper cap off ebay that'll match real good. your truck looks amazing as-is, i'd just change small stuff. oh maybe a black bowtie instead of color match?

Unit453

How fast was I going?
Sep 20, 2008
Florida
thetruckstop.us
I'm a fan of the painted grille look. It was one of the first things I did.

I painted my bow tie silver but a year later, ended up changing it to blue, which I think looks a ton better.

Attachments

• HPIM0239.jpg
    HPIM0239.jpg
    541.8 KB · Views: 28
  • HPIM0472.jpg
    HPIM0472.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 35
  • HPIM1153.jpg, 2.jpg
    HPIM1153.jpg, 2.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 38
  • HPIM1271.JPG
    HPIM1271.JPG
    349.8 KB · Views: 49
  • truck 4.jpg
    truck 4.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 37

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
Tim, you saw how my greystone truck looks with the flat black grille. I think its sexy. Painting it to match the truck might look weird.

As for the bumper pads, the top would look good, leave the bottom black though.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
Tim, look at swampfox's garage on dp. I'd do the cap and leave the rest alone; maybe a billet grille if your into that

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Good advice!

Im going to just paint the bumper cap, That black cap just looks outta place.

I had a billet grille before, but got tired of it, so not sure what grille i'd like to get.

YES DR. Your Flat black grille looked awesome on your truck, but you have black wheels too that completed the look. Very badass!

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
Good advice!

Im going to just paint the bumper cap, That black cap just looks outta place.

I had a billet grille before, but got tired of it, so not sure what grille i'd like to get.

YES DR. Your Flat black grille looked awesome on your truck, but you have black wheels too that completed the look. Very badass!

Next time I'm up in Ohio we'll have to pop my grille onto your truck to see how it looks with your wheels :)

I think it would still look pretty good. I thought about getting a grille that removes the bowtie, but the only one I could find was the RBP grilles, and their prices are just stupid high.

tech141

USAF Retired
Feb 24, 2010
Belleville, IL
I have a Greystone Metallic '06, and am thinking of getting all the chrome pieces replated with the "Black Chrome". I'm thinking the color-contrast would be very cool. I've never been a fan of the 'Shiny' chrome.....

tateoakley

Nov 29, 2009
Manning, South Carolina
when you color match it, it looks awesome. IMO anything looks better painted out the right way...

My whole truck is painted out and recently just pianted my bedrails white too. looks great