Sad Day

Mar 25, 2008
Whitehorse Yukon
Well today I am feeling like my balls have been chopped off........

My truck is back to stock HP because of a problem I am having communicating with the ecm with EFI Live and I can't believe how slow these truck are after driving around with 500+ HP for 2 years.

Guy is helping me try to figure all this out but there is something wrong with the seed file in the ecm.

Guess I can be part of the messed up ecm club now.:D

Did learn something new, with the HTT and stock programming, I have only seen a peak of 25psi of boost. Thought maybe I would have seen a little more but just shows how the turbo craves fuel.

Last edited:

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo

My truck is back to stock HP because of a problem I am having communicating with the ecm with EFI Live and I can't believe how slow these truck are after driving around with 500+ HP for 2 years.

Guy is helping me try to figure all this out but there is something wrong with the seed file in the ecm.

Did learn something new, with the HTT and stock programming, I have only seen a peak of 25psi of boost. Thought maybe I would have seen a little more but just shows how the turbo craves fuel.

I was a member of that club, not fun at all :(

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sorry to hear the ECM crapped out on you...but why havent you just bought another one? They arent that expensive are they?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA

Sorry to hear the ECM crapped out on you...but why havent you just bought another one? They arent that expensive are they?

That is how he is able to drive it at all :D

I was quoted $1400 +/- at the dealer, but found it elsewhere for a 3rd of that :D

:hello:

Mar 25, 2008
Whitehorse Yukon
I have a spare ecm now but I still want my stock ecm back working as it isn't technically fried. I can still communicate with it there is just something corrupt in it that Guy is trying to help me fix.

At first the VIN # was coming up as ???T???Ma?L??V?1 and we got that fixed but next is trying to get the seed file fixed so that EFI recognizes it as my original ECM.

Also for some weird reason my security light is on all the time now while the truck is running, yet the truck runs and starts fine.

Mar 25, 2008
Whitehorse Yukon
No I got my original one re programmed at the dealer but now I can't flash it with EFI. Guy says something is going on with the seed file inside of it. I do have another ecm programmed for my truck so if I can't get my original to work then the replacement will be going in.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
you can give it up now ben.

todd, thats an appropriate comment to make if I continued to whine and drag out a complaint on a defective bug deflector I bought from someone. I know because YOU'RE happy with his shit its impossible to see how anyone could possibly be dissatisfied. I must be in the wrong here, everyone forgive me for any emotional trauma Ive caused.

ben

Last edited: