S472 vs danville 72

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
For anyone who has wondered...including myself. I will be doing a back to back comparison of a danville 72 and an s472 kit.

I currently have the danville 72 on my truck and last week i purchased a wcfab s472 kit from a member on here. Will be installing the s472 this weekend when it shows up.

I like the danville alot with zero complaints other than egts get a little warm. 1800 degrees by the end of the quarter mile on my 602 horse tune. But other than that i enjoy it.

My current setup includes..
-built trans
-fass 150
-studded...yada yada
-30% injectors
-stock lly cp3 with lbz reg.
-lockup box
-tuned by Zach at StarLite Diesel.

I can get about 42 psi from the danville 72...

The only tuning changes we are making is to get rid of the vvt and any codes associated with a full egr delete. Egr is currently non functional with exhaust blocker plates as well as blocker plates on the boost side to keep boost from even hitting the egr valve. So i dont think a full egr delete should skew any results...

S472 specs are as follows..72/83/.90, non gated.

Currently have a 5" intake and the 472 kit also comes with a 5" intake...no advantage there.

Im extremely excited to see how i like the s472 compared to the danville 72.

My findings will be posted as parts show up:D will have more pics as things progress.

Other things i am doing at the same time...
-egr riser cut off and welded shut.
-billet wif cause my sensor is leaking and broken.
-rebuilding the filter head cause its also leaking.
-new fuel lines from filter head to ficm and so on.

Here is a pic of the s472 kit before i bought it.

My donor up pipe showed up yesterday so i took it to work and had a little fun. Cut the riser off and welded it up. Found a huge bolt that fit perfect in the hole, cut it down, welded it in and cleaned it up.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
I'm in. I just bought a danville 72 and am excited to put it on when I get home next year. Is that high of EGTs normal with the danville? I had no idea it would/could be that high.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
My truck doesnt get that hot with dual fuelers and 60 overs making 700hp on fuel. The 72 actually keeps the 1600* egt gauge from spiking. My 4094 was pegged at the 1/8th

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Gotcha, on the tuning is it not neccessary to tune soley for the 472? instead of just changing it to a non VVT. I guess I'm asking do they flow similar amounts of air and I assume you will send a data log to see if anything else needs to be changed. Thanks

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Yea i have heard more fuel makes the danville 72 run alot better. Can actually make boost with less vane position keeping egts and drive pressure down.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Gotcha, on the tuning is it not neccessary to tune soley for the 472? instead of just changing it to a non VVT. I guess I'm asking do they flow similar amounts of air and I assume you will send a data log to see if anything else needs to be changed. Thanks

We will start off by basically only changing tuning for a non vvt turbo. Im not sure on the maps of each turbo. But i would say that each turbo can feed roughly 850 hp. I will bet the s472 will make 850 better/easier.