Rude A%^ Ebay vendor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmtcm

BigRed
Jul 18, 2011
I was looking at a turbo, ( item number 160961087870 ), and I made an offer for it for $550.00 mostly because there was no warranty for it and it looked used. They declined the offer and I thought, no big deal.

Then, I came across what looked like the same turbo, ( item number 151000625546 ), and it was close to what I offered for the first one.
Looking at the pictures closer, I was sure it was the same one so I sent the person a message and the conversation ended up being not what I expected. Check it out.:)

Dear uniontransmission,
This is the same turbo that I offered 550.00 for earlier at least by the pictures. Looking closer, this turbo looks stock and the compressor wheel doesn't look like a gamma-ti wheel.
Who rebuilt the turbo?
- dmtcm

Dear dmtcm,
gamma ti turbine so you have no idea what you are talking about
and they look stock because they are cheetahs
dont bid on my items you are blocked
- uniontransmission

Dear uniontransmission,
That's ok because I have a lot of friends in the NHRDA and I will make sure they don't look at your items either and this message will be sent to eBay as well. I have both of the adds to send to them as well. I was gonna buy it if you would have just answered my question which I was not intending to be insulting about.
- dmtcm

Dear dmtcm,
i will not sell you or your retard buddies turbos
- uniontransmission

Dear uniontransmission,
Sweet! You don't know what you just did.
- dmtcm

Dear dmtcm,
no actual i do. thats why i did it no go away
- uniontransmission

Not sure if this person is a member here but if you are, that's not a good way to do buisness. Maybe explaining the makeup of the turbo would have been better than making insulting remarks and then blocking me from the sale.
I have probably more years experience than you have in age so calling me stupid is not a good idea.

I don't recommend this vendor to anyone! :loser:

dmtcm

BigRed
Jul 18, 2011
Actually, that's who I plan on purchasing one from. Getting my list together for what I want to get and in what order.
Danville has a great reputation! :)

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
what did you do before this conversation to piss the ebay guy off.
No one just goes apesh$t like that and says don't buy my stuff.
We gotta be missing something

dmtcm

BigRed
Jul 18, 2011
Nope, I copied and pasted the email messages. It was the only correspondence I had with the person.
To keep from having copyright problems with Ebay, I didn't post the actual messages, only the text.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
here is some advice from a pretty well seasoned ebay veteran, look at the feedback. anybody with that low of feedback with not a very high number of transactions is not a person to buy from. i personally do not buy anything from anybody that has less than 100% feedback, because if there is a problem with something that they sold, they will make it right if they are a good seller. hence why they have a good feedback score.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
here is some advice from a pretty well seasoned ebay veteran, look at the feedback. anybody with that low of feedback with not a very high number of transactions is not a person to buy from. i personally do not buy anything from anybody that has less than 100% feedback, because if there is a problem with something that they sold, they will make it right if they are a good seller. hence why they have a good feedback score.

good idea

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I did a search for uniontransmission and the only thing that came up was a seller named wfoperformance. I looked at the listings and found what appears to be a used stock turbo for $599. Here's the description:
This is a Remanufactured 2004-2010 Duramax turbo and will fit any year from 2004.5-2012 without ANY modifications. Turbo has been dissasembled and bearings were replaced. The turbo has been upgraded and retrofitted with gamma-ti lightweight turbine for ultra fast spoolup, and compresor wheel suited for towing.lower egt's and awesome mpg while towing.The vanes have been cleaned and assemble with high temp lubricant. We will buy back rebuildable core for 200 dollars.
I also found another listing for a supposed stage 1 68mm with the exact same pictures for $1299. Here's the description used in that ad:
This is a Remanufactured 2004-2010 Duramax turbo and will fit any year from 2004.5-2012 without ANY modifications. Turbo has been dissasembled and bearings were replaced. The turbo has been upgraded and retrofitted with larger compressor and turbine on a high flow exhaust housing for more power fast spoolup and lower egt's and awesome mpg while towing. if you want 650 rwhp this is the turbo for you.
Is that the same guy? They're the nastiest looking "remanufactured" turbos I've ever seen.

Here are a couple of pictures:

$T2eC16J,!)kE9s4Z-5cuBQkoQ+ILOw~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!oIFB(GgOiu7BQkoRLLfVg~~60_57.JPG

doug9940

Ca LLY
Dec 6, 2009
Corona, Ca.
Seems pretty obvious that the compressor cover hasn't been off recently. No way someone would rebuild it and not clean the dirt off of it.

05chevy3500

Feb 25, 2013
I bought a A&E intake system & a lbz intake horn from them ,when i best offered him he sent me a number to call and it was confederate diesel in md,I dont have nothing bad to say about them they were real helpful,good service on the phone and threw email,sorry about your luck,

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
post_old.gif
02-04-2013, 11:52 AM
jkholder09
user_offline.gif

Dmax owner
Truck: cc/sb
Engine: lly
Transmission: Automatic
car.gif
jkholder09's Garage

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

icon1.gif

As my user name states
My name is Justin Holder
I own a local repair shop.
The name of the shop is Confederate Diesel.

:spit:

plumber802

OCD Diesel Head
Mar 23, 2013
Vermont
I'd never buy a "reman" turbo that looked like that piece of fecal matter.The old saying applies to turbos as well; "you get what you pay for".That vendor's reputation now speaks for itself.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
I bought a A&E intake system & a lbz intake horn from them ,when i best offered him he sent me a number to call and it was confederate diesel in md,I dont have nothing bad to say about them they were real helpful,good service on the phone and threw email,sorry about your luck,

Hmmmm? :secret:

Status
Not open for further replies.