LMM: Rockauto

marshrunner757

Nov 3, 2013
Anyone ever buy from this place? About to change ball joints and such and they have great prices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
Yes, and very good prices you just have to be careful. Try to get all your items to ship from the same warehouse, if they are coming from different places then they charge you shipping from each separate location. You might pay a extra 2$ for one part to get it to come from the same place as all the others but it will save you like 5$in shipping. Just mess around with your cart to try and get them all from the same place.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
Do a little digging you could probably find a 5% Discount code pretty quick. If not let me know and I can dig through my emails to see when the last one I received expires.

marshrunner757

Nov 3, 2013
Already found a discount code on accident. Thanks for the offer though

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
Yes, and very good prices you just have to be careful. Try to get all your items to ship from the same warehouse, if they are coming from different places then they charge you shipping from each separate location. You might pay a extra 2$ for one part to get it to come from the same place as all the others but it will save you like 5$in shipping. Just mess around with your cart to try and get them all from the same place.

I noticed the same thing. When I bought my brakes from them I ended up buying more expensive calipers but because they shipped from the same warehouse as the pads and rotors it ended up being cheaper.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I try and buy everything from them now. Even with shipping the parts cost less, and I get big name brands for less than what the cheap stuff costs locally. One other thing you can do if you want to spend the time on the phone is to check with ADVANCE AUTO. If they carry the same part(same brand and part number), they will sell it to you for the same price as rock auto. Only down side is you get stuck o nthe phone with some indian call center to do the price match, but you can pick the parts up locally if they have them. Or they normally have a 15-25% off coupon code with soem sort of gift card flashing across the top of the advance auto screen you can use. And NAPA will give you about a 5-10% discount if you look up your own parts online, and then pick them up in the store. And when you pick them up tell them you're a AAA member and you can get another 10% off.

Yes, I have spent quite a bit of time figuring out how to save pennies on parts.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I buy quite a bit from them now. They ONLY give out 5% discounts, and you can find the codes easily enough at places like Retailmenot.

Just make sure you are ordering the correct part, because they will rape you on return shipping.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
I use them all the time and also Amazon just use the part number from rockauto. With amazon and prime shipping on most is free.

For anyone that sees I am in Canada. I ship to a US PO Box and just go pick up the parts when they come in. Much cheaper than getting them shipped to Canada. I am over in the US every 2 weeks or more anyways.

shmittey

Oct 16, 2010
Central, MA
99% of all my parts come from rock auto. Just check amazon first if you have prime. The multiple shipping locations tent to kill some orders savings.

marshrunner757

Nov 3, 2013
Looks like everything I need is shipping together. And as crazy as this may sound, matching part number for part number with my local O'Reilly, I will save $257 on 4 ball joints, pitman arm and idler arm. All Moog parts.

Last edited:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Most advanced autos will price match them if they carry th brand
Online if you call them. The stores will laugh you out if you try it. I have tried it several times now, and they always say they can't sell it for that low despite there store policy. Go home and make a phone call, and I go back and pick them up for the RA price.

OnixMax

Oct 7, 2013
I love rockauto. Been buying from them for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
rock auto is owned by The Parts Authority, never had any issues with them. They will never put an open box back into the system, it will go to their retail stores or back to the manufacturer. My uncle works for them and he is a car guy so i take his word.