RMS Leak

LR Pat

DMAXAMUST
Jan 24, 2015
Southeast Texas
Will the rear main seal leak when it is hot or after it has cooled down???
I brought my 02 Duramax to the STEALERSHIP, where I bought a reman engine, still under warranty, to repair the rear main seal leak ( I see it leaking, out the weep hole, spots on my drive way, a mechanic sees it leaking, the tech at the lube shop see it leaking.... so 5 people see the leak, I also took pictures) STEALERSHIP says the can not find the leak. 4 times I have brought this truck to them and they can't find the leak !!! The last time ( they had it 3 days and did not see a leak )I drove it, got it up to operating temp, brought it back, they put it on the rack, called me back there and showed me there was no leak. I drive it 30 minutes home and guess what, It's LEAKING !!!!!, that why I ask about the temperature. Wanna make sure there could be a reason why THEY are not seeing the LEAK !!!:mad:

unionmax481

hot rodder
Aug 8, 2014
lebanon in
It also could not be the rms the reman builder could have not ran a bead i of silicon around the bolt hole of the rear adapter plate i know from experience fyi but also like the other guys said take it to another dealership if it was a gm reman any dealer can do the warranty work