Ridgerunner Trans tuning vs Kory

joelykool

Apr 4, 2007
Im looking to tune and delete my lml and am wanting transmission tuning increase the line pressure during shifts as I know ppei tunin does. Now reading ridgerunners website, it appears his does everything but increase pressure during shifts. Is this correct? I did send an email to Tony but nothing yet. Wanting to buy tunes soon and am trying to decide who to go with. I want my trans to be protected the best it can be without building it.

Hernpj01

On a Time Out
Sep 23, 2014
Indiana
Tony tunes are excellent! No comment on the trans tuning i have never used any of it, i just install a dummy solenoid in the valve body to increase line pressure.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please email [email protected]

I sit at this PC 12 hours if not more a day, the inbox refreshes every 5 mins.

No longer than 4 hours passes without a reply, if you utilize a gmail, yahoo, hotmail or ymail account I may not have gotten in.

Once I have a new host for my website I should be able to resolve the email issues, or I am going to purchase my own server and host my own site as its quite annoying that people send me an email that I just don't receive.

854-444-2874 is my direct number to my desk

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please email [email protected]

I sit at this PC 12 hours if not more a day, the inbox refreshes every 5 mins.

No longer than 4 hours passes without a reply, if you utilize a gmail, yahoo, hotmail or ymail account I may not have gotten in.

Once I have a new host for my website I should be able to resolve the email issues, or I am going to purchase my own server and host my own site as its quite annoying that people send me an email that I just don't receive.

854-444-2874 is my direct number to my desk

Hey Tony, it may be the Clintons at it again. They been trolling your emails! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
To the op doing the dummy g solenoid would be fine to do as well. From what I hear there are maybe two that can do it through the tuning. Tony will do a fine job for you.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Im looking to tune and delete my lml and am wanting transmission tuning increase the line pressure during shifts as I know ppei tunin does. Now reading ridgerunners website, it appears his does everything but increase pressure during shifts. Is this correct? I did send an email to Tony but nothing yet. Wanting to buy tunes soon and am trying to decide who to go with. I want my trans to be protected the best it can be without building it.

I've been running Tony's Moonshine tunes for a couple years straight and have had zero issues. Have you installed a shift kit to help increase line pressure?

joelykool

Apr 4, 2007
Sounds good guys! Ive made up my mind! Going with Tony as I was already leaning his way, just was wanting a little something extra to help the trans. Excited to see how this truck responds with his tuning! Thanks for the quick reply on here!

joelykool

Apr 4, 2007
Alright! Got the tunes ordered tonight! Thanks for the great deal Tony! I would like to have the part number for this tranny solenoid as well, or where I can purchase it.

joelykool

Apr 4, 2007
Thanks Mike! I sent my dads 08 lmm dually with a hurt converter to you last year and his truck is still running strong with an lml converter in it now. Thanks for your time and help

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Here is a picture of the Main mod solenoid.

Attachments

• 2011 main mod solenoid (2).png
    2011 main mod solenoid (2).png
    26.4 KB · Views: 203

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Im confused so you buy and replace the g solenoid to increase line pressure?

Yes and no. You don't replace it you just connect it in to the existing ones harness and zip tie it up. That way it does not code and gives full line pressure.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Yes and no. You don't replace it you just connect it in to the existing ones harness and zip tie it up. That way it does not code and gives full line pressure.

So you leave the existing solenoid in place and hook up a dummy? That makes sense.

Thanks!