Retreads????

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
I thought they're illegal on highways these days. Brakes abd Tires are the two things I would never go cheap on.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Biggest problems retreads ever had were throwing the tread off, leaking air between cap and casing, and balance issues (heavy spots.) With all the safey requirements for tires now, I wouldn't be scared to run a set. All those problems have already been previously addressed. I probably wouldn't recommend going out and making an LSR pass on a set though....just to be safe. :)

duramax215

Team Jacoby
Dec 17, 2008
Waubeka, Wi
i just need a tire to last threw winter!! and i'm not going to be doin no launchin or street racing like that!! i was just curious if anyones used them before i was just going to get the 265-75-16 it says its a load range E and its for the 34?? lbs per tire! any more info?

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
i just need a tire to last threw winter!! and i'm not going to be doin no launchin or street racing like that!! i was just curious if anyones used them before i was just going to get the 265-75-16 it says its a load range E and its for the 34?? lbs per tire! any more info?

Easy answer...go for it! I would not be concerned about running a retread especially just for a winter. We used to put install them on a regular basis and didn't see any more problems than a new tire had.