Retread tires

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Has anyone ever used retreat tires? If so the pros the cons suggestions please. I noticed the web site when I was looking for new tires so I was just wondering if anyone used these or has thoughts on them.

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
back in the day they where illegal. Tires and brakes are the 2 things I refuse to take a cheaper route on.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Retreads on semi's are good if you season them correctly but if not then theyre junk but i have no experience with regular tires

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
I am guessing you live in California. IIRC they are illegal in Cali. I know they are in Texas. At least on passenger vehicles. Big rigs is a different story tho.

John Wayne

Sep 15, 2009
South TX
I just got rid of a set of 35" tires that were retreads. 25k miles and they still had 25% left. I just bought new wheels and tires though.

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
I just got rid of a set of 35" tires that were retreads. 25k miles and they still had 25% left. I just bought new wheels and tires though.

Don't get me wrong. You can still get them for passenger vehicles. They can be used on farm trucks and stuff legally. But for vehicles that see the public roads, they are illegal. I used to work for Firestone in Lufkin, Tx. and that was a big issue for us in 94-95. All this is true unless they changed the laws on it in the last few years. But I doubt it. Big safety issue when they are not bonded properly. As said before, when done right they are cheap and work great.

gr8shot

Practically stock
Apr 28, 2009
Grand Island, NE
I run a set of treadwright retreads on my old 92 chevy. They're great! Do a Google search on treadwright, tons of positive feedback, plus they offer an awesome warranty and great customer service. Technology has come a long ways since the early 90's.

I'm very happy with mine and will buy another set when these wear out. Will also be putting on a set on the chummins when its time for new tires for it.

I did a lot of researching and really couldn't find any stories of failures from treadwright, just positive experiences. After a ton of searching I was convinced enough to give em a try on my half ton and I'm very glad I did.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Those are the ones I had seen in searching for new tires. It's my luck I need new tires and my trans built at the same time.