Replacing Fuel Lines w/ Pushlock Hose

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
So recently my fuel line coming off the fuel cooler started leaking. I'm not driving it over the winter so it's just sitting for now but in the spring I'd like to replace the lines (both supply and return) with pushlock hose like the kind that came with my FASS pump. I haven't been able to find a definite size, but I believe I can get supply line that slides over the connector of the fuel cooler. Any help would be appreciated. -Garrett

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
On my fuel cooler, the quick connect fittings unscrewed, and it was just 1/4" pipe thread going into the cooler. I have some semi-rigid nylon line covered in a cotton shielding on mine. It's all 1/2" from the tank to my pre-filter, kennedy pump, then engine, and all 3/8" on the return side.

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
On my fuel cooler, the quick connect fittings unscrewed, and it was just 1/4" pipe thread going into the cooler. I have some semi-rigid nylon line covered in a cotton shielding on mine. It's all 1/2" from the tank to my pre-filter, kennedy pump, then engine, and all 3/8" on the return side.

Awesome. Two things. 1.) what did it take to make the connections to the tank and motor? Barbed fittings? 2.) do you have a link to the line you used?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Mine is in a 95 suburban, so my tank hookups are different than yours. At the engine I just used where the quick connects slid on, stretched the hose over the bump, then clamped on each side of it. I don't have a link to the hose, it was something I bought from my local hose & rubber shop.

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
Mine is in a 95 suburban, so my tank hookups are different than yours. At the engine I just used where the quick connects slid on, stretched the hose over the bump, then clamped on each side of it. I don't have a link to the hose, it was something I bought from my local hose & rubber shop.

Thanks, that's the route I was going to go as well, just slide it over and clamp it, I figure it's low pressure so not a big deal.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved this into the General Fuel and Exhaust section, as it could pertain to any year truck.

Question: Are you just going to replace the braided sections of the fuel lines or the whole thing, hard line and all?

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX

I did the same on my half ton and also on my lly. Works really well on both trucks

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
Moved this into the General Fuel and Exhaust section, as it could pertain to any year truck.

Question: Are you just going to replace the braided sections of the fuel lines or the whole thing, hard line and all?

I was planning on it. Tank to motor. Maybe Do a sump while I'm at it.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I replaced my lines with pushlok hose cause the steel lines lines were rusting out, the braided lines were collapsing when the fuel got warm & the lines were cut up when I bought the truck

Where are you getting the lines and fittings from
Where are you in Mass? There's a couple Parker stores, one in Fitchburg & the other is in Weymouth

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
I replaced my lines with pushlok hose cause the steel lines lines were rusting out, the braided lines were collapsing when the fuel got warm & the lines were cut up when I bought the truck

Where are you in Mass? There's a couple Parker stores, one in Fitchburg & the other is in Weymouth

Im in milford, weymouth is only 45 minutes from me