Removing stickers in cold weather.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
It's a bitch to get stickers off in cold weather, so everyone uses a hair drier / heat gun.

But what if you have no electricity?

I tried a propane torch I use for sweating copper. Worked excellent. Just get the metal or glass warm to the touch and go for it. I held the torch about 6" away, and swept back and forth over the stickers about 10 full seconds (count them out) and they came right off.

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
It's a bitch to get stickers off in cold weather, so everyone uses a hair drier / heat gun.

But what if you have no electricity?

I tried a propane torch I use for sweating copper. Worked excellent. Just get the metal or glass warm to the touch and go for it. I held the torch about 6" away, and swept back and forth over the stickers about 10 full seconds (count them out) and they came right off.

Those blackouts must suck. We have electricity 24-7 here in WI.:rofl:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Yeah i heard they have black outs all the time out there in Cali because its nothing but a bunch of tree huggers that protest about coal fired power plants that actually produce tons of electricity for cheap

Dragonsfireloki

Nov 6, 2011
North Dakota
If you have a cordless drill that you had the battery charged in, you can get a rubber eraser wheel to take all the stickers off. I got the stuff to do mine, its just too cold at -10 to go out and do it right now.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Those blackouts must suck. We have electricity 24-7 here in WI.:rofl:

Vacant building. 42 deg. Stickers tore and left adhesive. Took about 10 minutes a letter with just a razor blade, and it was crappy. Went and got a torch, and it took under 1 minute a letter. Over 100 letters, and few other stickers (AMEX/MC/VISA/Alarm/NFIB/etc).

Almost just smashed the window with a shovel. I can get new glass for $100.

Basically just a note. The torch will not melt plastic stickers, or crack the glass. Works same-same as hair dryer.

Try vacuuming carpet with a commercial push broom, or replacing ceiling tiles with a flashlight in your teeth.

SMOKINU497

Oct 9, 2011
After you get the sticker off and there is residue left over. You can use 3M adhesive remover. It is killer on glass and paint. Just be sure to wax/ polish the paint after and not let it sit too long. Worked WONDERS on my double sided 3M tape to get off. Going to use it on badges next.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
If you have the stickers warm, peel back 180 deg angle, and go slow. Most of the adhesive will stay on the sticker, and not the surface. I removed all our "4x4" stickers with no residue. But the razor blade in the cold left a bunch of residue. I'll let the landlord deal with that.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Vacant building. 42 deg. Stickers tore and left adhesive. Took about 10 minutes a letter with just a razor blade, and it was crappy. Went and got a torch, and it took under 1 minute a letter. Over 100 letters, and few other stickers (AMEX/MC/VISA/Alarm/NFIB/etc).

Almost just smashed the window with a shovel. I can get new glass for $100.

Basically just a note. The torch will not melt plastic stickers, or crack the glass. Works same-same as hair dryer.

Try vacuuming carpet with a commercial push broom, or replacing ceiling tiles with a flashlight in your teeth.

Perhaps not but don't use it on a windshield. I had Safe-Lite change out a good windshield in my Jeep because it leaked told him I wanted to save it and when he put his torch on it to remove the registration sticker you guessed it he cracked it do to the plastic(?) in between the panes bubbled up.

Dope