red fuel?

gotsoot

Jan 2, 2009
I am looking for some "good" info about a `07 D/M that supposedly blew up because of using "RED Fuel".somethingto the effect that the inj. pump can sense the red fuel, something to do with a sensor that "LOOKS" thru the fuel. Any opinions would greatly be appreciated.:confused:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I know several guys on the board run red fuel on thier farms.

Must be more to the story.

05maxlly

need used tires
Jan 27, 2008
powhatan, va
TOTAL Bull S^&* i have plenty of customers running red fuel in there trucks for true offroad no road tax purposes to my knowlege the optical sensors left with the GREAT 6.5 power house

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
no sensor, I have ran it in my LBZ and I know of a few LMM that run it,And if I find the tsb GM can not turn down warranty from use of red fuel.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Its simply dyed fuel. Maybe it was something else that caused a problem and it was a red fuel. Off road Red fuel will not cause any problems. Theres a TSB about it from GM that states theres no issues with it in the Duramax.

Oh and I have ran it a few times.

Last edited:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
No such thing we have been runnin it for years in everything from our old IDI Fords the Powerchokes, Cummins and now the D-maxes.

Just don't get caught on the highway, and get dipped it sucks ass!! Ask me how I know:p

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
There is no difference between the fuels. It's EXACTLY the same except for the color. I've ran a bunch of it in my LLY with no issues at all. I asked this same question at the fuel station I get mine from.