LB7: Rebuild Kit

Tank01

Dec 31, 2010
I have a 2004 LB7, 1000pk trans, 184k miles. What is the recommended rebuild kit? What comes in a rebuild Kit? What is the cost. Looking to go back with medium duty. No racing or pulling sleds, just a large right foot and RV trailer. Running a Hypertech +90 hp, banks exhaust system, P285,70 16 tires. Nube with alot of dumb questions.

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
If your talking transmission, and Iwould assume you mean transmission since this is Mike L trans talk, find a user by the name Mike L, he has his phone # listed. He will point you in the right direction. He is one of the best trans builders in the Duramax market, just dont tell him that or his head will swell even more, he has trouble fitting through narrow doorways now. He will tell you what the best option is for you, and point you to a local shop that can help you.
is your trans slipping, or are you just looking for preventative maintence?

Tank01

Dec 31, 2010
If your talking transmission, and Iwould assume you mean transmission since this is Mike L trans talk, find a user by the name Mike L, he has his phone # listed. He will point you in the right direction. He is one of the best trans builders in the Duramax market, just dont tell him that or his head will swell even more, he has trouble fitting through narrow doorways now. He will tell you what the best option is for you, and point you to a local shop that can help you.
is your trans slipping, or are you just looking for preventative maintence?

No, two loud bangs later I don't have 1st or 2nd gear, when shifting it sounds bad, reset DTC's, same issue. In limp mode, I've got a guy taking a look at it, just curious of what is involved in a rebuild. I've read alot in the last five days, Mike L. seems to be the answer guy, but I have learned alot for everyone's posts.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
There are a lot of guys on the forums that have been educated by Suncoast, me, big dipper,and a few others. They have also learned on their own because they are smart. I find that I rarely need to post answers anymore because these guys jump in with good info. I look back over the last 7 years or longer and see how good these people have gotten. When there is a passion, you will find knowledge.
:thumb: To all you guys. i am proud to be associated with you.:D

Tank01

Dec 31, 2010
There are a lot of guys on the forums that have been educated by Suncoast, me, big dipper,and a few others. They have also learned on their own because they are smart. I find that I rarely need to post answers anymore because these guys jump in with good info. I look back over the last 7 years or longer and see how good these people have gotten. When there is a passion, you will find knowledge.
:thumb: To all you guys. i am proud to be associated with you.:D

I found my way to the Suncoast web site (before I found this one) lots of good info there as well. Any input on my question(s)? Thanks to all for your replys..You gotta talk slow, eating baby food here!