Rear main seal tool rental?

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
So I got my motor back together after the cracked piston, drove it for a day, all was well, in the morning... fresh oil on the driveway:mad: Looks like the rear main seal is leaking, engine oil is dripping out from torque converter area. I tapped in the rear main seal with a small dead blow hammer. Guess it came back to bite me.
Does anybody have a rear main seal installer that I could rent? I could pay a deposit via paypal, and shipping both ways.

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
I had my tool made locally. I could have the machine shop make me another one & ship it to you. It's possible that the seal is not leaking. The lower oil pan is bad about leaking where it joins the upper oil pan. Did you use silicone, gasket or both on the lower oil pan?

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
I had my tool made locally. I could have the machine shop make me another one & ship it to you. It's possible that the seal is not leaking. The lower oil pan is bad about leaking where it joins the upper oil pan. Did you use silicone, gasket or both on the lower oil pan?

I sealed it with the Ac Delco grey RTV. It is leaking from the inside of bell housing, on the inside it is a mess. Not saying that your wrong, but if it were the upper oil pan, wouldn't it leak on the outside?

How much to make that tool?

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
So I got my motor back together after the cracked piston, drove it for a day, all was well, in the morning... fresh oil on the driveway:mad: Looks like the rear main seal is leaking, engine oil is dripping out from torque converter area. I tapped in the rear main seal with a small dead blow hammer. Guess it came back to bite me.
Does anybody have a rear main seal installer that I could rent? I could pay a deposit via paypal, and shipping both ways.

if mine wasnt in storage 4 hours away i'd send it to you, if you still need it this weekend i could grab it when i go down friday.